Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [UNOFFICIAL] Rystore - Ryzom launch pad and configuration backup / restore
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [UNOFFICIAL] Rystore - Ryzom launch pad and configuration backup / restore (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32581)

muadhib September 23rd, 2008 12:23 AM

Re: [UNOFFICIAL] Rystore - Ryzom launch pad and configuration backup / restore

Quote:

Originally Posted by katore
I downloaded the "light" version as I already have .Net running - I think it's 3.5. I put Rystore.exe in the Ryzom folder, created a shortcut to the desktop, but no character appears. Start, re-start, nothing.

I run 64 bit Vista. I'm wondering if this is because I don't have a "My Documents" folder - or at least a folder with that name. Or if the Net Framework version differences are to blame.

Hm... strange. I will look into it on my Vista 64 box when I find time this week.

Cheers,
Fand

katore September 25th, 2008 04:09 AM

Great. Thank you!

I looked in my c:\ Program Files (x86) \ Ryzom \ Save folder and there's only 1 file there "string_client.pack". I'm wondering where the save file would be in case I want to try to manually back up the bookmarks.

Do you think I should put the Ryzom folder inside my user folder?

Thanks!

Katore

muadhib September 25th, 2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katore
Great. Thank you!

I looked in my c:\ Program Files (x86) \ Ryzom \ Save folder and there's only 1 file there "string_client.pack". I'm wondering where the save file would be in case I want to try to manually back up the bookmarks.

Do you think I should put the Ryzom folder inside my user folder?

Thanks!

Katore

Hm... actually your save files should be exactly where you looked, in your ...\Ryzom\Save folder. If they aren't there, even after running the game and exiting it normally, it means the game didn't manage to successfully save into the save folder. Make sure

A) your Ryzom AND Save folders have write access
B) you run Ryzom with Administrator rights

If you still don't get any save files, you don't need to bother with Rystore, because then it means Rystore will never get any files to backup from running the game.

Cheers,
Fand

katore September 25th, 2008 11:50 PM

Aha! That was the problem. My Ryzom folder didn't have write permissions and I wasn't running Ryzom with Admin rights.

When I changed both, my character name showed up inside Rystore and I'm able to save the configs.

Thank you so much for helping me with this!

Katore

khyle September 28th, 2008 01:21 PM

Re: Rystore - Ryzom launch pad and configuration backup / restore

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaetemi
You can easily decompile CIL executables using the .NET Reflector.

Provided of course the (closed source) .NET Reflector is only what it pretends to be ;)

muadhib September 29th, 2008 08:30 PM

Khyle, I followed your suggestion and put a link to the zipped source code in the original post. With that, I think we don't need to discuss what the .NET Reflector is or isn't.

Cheers,
Fand

khyle September 29th, 2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muadhib
Khyle, I followed your suggestion and put a link to the zipped source code in the original post. With that, I think we don't need to discuss what the .NET Reflector is or isn't.

Cheers,
Fand

Great decision, much obliged!

kiakaha September 30th, 2008 10:50 AM

Yes, thank you for posting the source. Now I can change the destination directory myself :)

./wave

danebramage October 31st, 2008 08:57 PM

Can you write a Linux version of Rystore? Wine doesn't emulate the .NET framework, I can't get authentic Microsoft .NET to install in Linux, and it's still up in the air whether I'm going to be able to get Mono loaded in order to defeat the problem that way. A Linux version would be sooooo much simpler...

I'm not a programmer or I'd do it myself, as it sounds like all you're doing is copying files and launching the program.

Please? Pretty please? ;)