Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Ring Question
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Ring Question (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32641)

cyrogen18 September 4th, 2008 07:18 AM

Ring Question

I've had a look through a bit of the ring information and it looks very interesting for an MMO.

Just a question that springs to mind - what is to stop players making their own grinding area's in the ring? eg, a good array of monsters that are good experience for the characters current level without the surprise hostile monsters, or a nice foraging area for a certain item the character wants?

katriell September 4th, 2008 09:19 AM

Re: Ring Question

No experience gain in the Ring.

Items generated in the Ring cannot be taken out into the main world and are limited to statless "plot items" in the first place.

cyrogen18 September 4th, 2008 04:29 PM

Thanks, that's what I figured.

olepi September 7th, 2008 08:36 PM

The person hosting the Ring Scenario can give things to the players of the scenarios, but nothing that was generated as part of the scenario.

So I usually give out cats (double XP for a while) as a reward for playing my scenarios, that way they don't "lose" any time.

sidusar September 11th, 2008 02:38 PM

Just a note; be mindful that your equipment does wear out as usual in the Ring. With the no-exp/no-items/no-DP there, it's tempting to think nothing that happens in the Ring carries over to the mainland, but equipment wear does. ;)