Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Area Triggered by NPCs / Mobs?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Adventure designers hints and exchanges (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Area Triggered by NPCs / Mobs? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32688)

chibiarc September 8th, 2008 05:29 AM

Area Triggered by NPCs / Mobs?

Hey hey, I need the following problem solved: 2 areas, if a player enters one something happens (easy) and if a mob / npc enters another one something happens (no idea).

The Zone Trigger only allows for "triggered by player entering / leaving" :(

Any ideas? Thanks :D

chibiarc September 8th, 2008 06:10 AM

Re: Area Triggered by NPCs / Mobs?

And another one, a NPC Group does play a sequence, but does not pick it up again once respawned. Also "on respawn do sequence" does not work somehow.

Only the first group member starts the sequence and once others respawn it stops...

sidusar September 11th, 2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chibiarc
if a mob / npc enters another one something happens (no idea).

I've always just used "if mob finishes sequence step goto zone". That doesn't work in this case?

Quote:

And another one, a NPC Group does play a sequence, but does not pick it up again once respawned. Also "on respawn do sequence" does not work somehow.

Owww, I know I encountered this problem long ago, but I can't for the life of me remember what I did with it. :rolleyes:

chibiarc September 12th, 2008 06:59 AM

Yes I did it with the end of activity route blabla thing and made a tiny route. Also I added a timer to retrigger the "start activity" thing, dirty but works.

sidusar September 13th, 2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Also I added a timer to retrigger the "start activity" thing, dirty but works.

Now that you mention it, I think that's what I did too. :o

sx4rlet September 14th, 2008 08:29 PM

yup. that is the way i do it too...

It's a bit workaround, but hey, it works...

nuitwaters September 15th, 2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Only the first group member starts the sequence and once others respawn it stops...

Add a stand in place timer to the first part of the sequence to allow for the respawn of all of the group members? Say 60 seconds?