Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Question about /afk Hosting
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Question about /afk Hosting (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32707)

nuitwaters September 9th, 2008 09:08 PM

Question about /afk Hosting

I have two accounts, my old one that I had back in the day when this wonderful game came out and my new free trial one which I am starting anew with.

My question is, does anyone know the /afk timeout period and if I can stay logged into my ring so other people can play it?

Also, if someone comes in and goes through the series of quests I have and finishes the series and such, is there a script I need to run or trigger to get the Act to reset?

Thanks in Advance!

slash22 September 9th, 2008 09:33 PM

Re: Question about /afk Hosting

I've stayed /afk for 12+ hours before. Don't know what the timeout is, but I'm pretty sure the only limit is the stability of your connection.

sidusar September 11th, 2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuitwaters
My question is, does anyone know the /afk timeout period and if I can stay logged into my ring so other people can play it?

There is no /afk timeout period. You can stay afk in your hosted Ring scenario until the server goes down, your computer goes down, or the connection between the server and your computer goes down.

And yes, as long as you put the scenario on auto-invite, people will be able to play it.

Do note that if you want to create scenarios with your main account and then run them on your alt account, your alt will need all the spawn points your main has, or they may not be able to host the maps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuitwaters
Also, if someone comes in and goes through the series of quests I have and finishes the series and such, is there a script I need to run or trigger to get the Act to reset?

Yep, there is an event action to go to a different Act. Just set it up to go to Act 1 when the last quest is finished, and it'll reset the Act.

nuitwaters September 11th, 2008 03:02 PM

Thanks for the replies guys!:)