Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Question about carnivores
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Question about carnivores (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32872)

gcaldani September 30th, 2008 12:37 PM

Question about carnivores

Hello,

the question is very simple:

I remember in an old scenario, hosted during the last period before the closure, a carnivore able to sit and rest. It was, specifically, a domesticated Slucer :)

Well, I have tried many times to get this behaviour, but seems only NPC can sit down. I found 'guard' and 'patrol' or 'follow routes' but nothing about resting, while the herbivores have this possibility.

So, is there any way to have carnivores resting?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

sidusar September 30th, 2008 06:23 PM

Re: Question about carnivores

:confused:

'guard' or 'patrol' or 'follow routes' should be exclusive to homins and kitin. Predators should get 'feed' or 'rest', just like herbivores.

Even a resting predator will still attack any viable target entering it's sight radius though, and will also occasionally get up to find a new place to sleep. :)

gcaldani September 30th, 2008 11:08 PM

Thank you for your answer,

I entered my scenario but seems that all the 'aggressive' animals get the choices I told: "patrol", "guard" etc...

So i'm suffering a sort of bug?

sidusar September 30th, 2008 11:37 PM

Either you are or I am. :p

I checked again and noted all the mini-bosses did get the 'guard'/'patrol'/etc options, even if they were predators or herbivores. This could be partly worked around by grouping Slucer with a normal torbak and using that torbak's 'rest' option, which makes the entire group do the same.

gcaldani October 1st, 2008 05:06 AM

Oh, yes :)

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll go trying it soon. :)