Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Spawn/Destroy Objects?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Adventure designers hints and exchanges (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Spawn/Destroy Objects? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32936)

fahadius October 5th, 2008 01:51 PM

Spawn/Destroy Objects?

I've been trying to find a way to spawn and delete objects after certain events. Like killing a boss for supplies will make the main base upgrade with more buildings and supplies. I saw a thread farther down that said it wasn't possible, but the post was over a year old and I was hoping there was some sort of updates to the ring. If not...=(.

sidusar October 5th, 2008 08:19 PM

Re: Spawn/Destroy Objects?

Deleting objects is possible; there's a macro object for that, "scenery remover" if I recall.

Spawning objects however is still not possible. :( And no, deleted objects can't be respawned either, gone is gone.

There's only been one update to the Ring so far, a few months after it was launched, which did fix a lot of bugs and add a bunch of features. But that's almost two years ago now, and there've been no more updates to the Ring since.

In fact, there've slowly been features breaking down again since then. If anything, less is possible in the Ring now than there was a year ago. :o

unkala October 6th, 2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidusar
And no, deleted objects can't be respawned either, gone is gone.

Not even changing to a later Act will bring a despawned scenery object back into existence.

sx4rlet October 13th, 2008 06:41 PM

Sometimes you might be able to work your way around it for spawning or despawning objects, but it takes a lot of creativity to do...

for example; for my scenario 'run homin run' I wanted to light a couple of fires, to make a couple of cutes follow it.
Well, you cannot spawn them, so that didnt work.

But you can despawn fires, so I did it the other way around, and told the player to turn off the fires.

But that would leave a 'spot' where a old fireplace should be... I solved that by putting an old fireplace directly at the spot of the burning fireplace, which resulted in a burning fireplace on top of a dead fireplace, so that it would look like the fire was turned of, instead of a fire that completely disapeared.

sidusar October 13th, 2008 07:48 PM

Indeed, so the only way to simulate a building being built, would be to place a large pile of rubble on top of the building so that it completely covers the building, then despawn the pile of rubble when the event is triggered.

You can then despawn the building itself later, to simulate it being destroyed again. However, then you're stuck, and only a restart of the scenario will restore the initial situation. A base that indefinitely grows and shrinks dynamically as the situation changes, is not possible.

kailomonkey December 8th, 2008 03:13 AM

I haven't tried changing locations with acts yet, but could a new location save be used to simulate this in any way?

I was trying to do the same thing with lighting a fire... guess you could do something really dodgy and have the fire move afew meters to where something has disappeared that was covering it >.<