Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Can I make a non-aggro bandit camp?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Can I make a non-aggro bandit camp? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=32965)

olepi October 9th, 2008 03:02 AM

Can I make a non-aggro bandit camp?

I want to make a small village, and teh bandit camp seems a good way to populate it. However, they are aggro to the player; is there any way to make them non-aggro?

If not, is there another easy way to make a small village population fight together against something?

kaetemi October 9th, 2008 12:15 PM

Re: Can I make a non-aggro bandit camp?

Set aggro range to 0 should do the trick, iirc.
Though, the most logical would be using guards or something, no? ^^
Or make civilians attackable, depending on the behaviour you want.

olepi October 9th, 2008 06:34 PM

Hi, thanks, I ended up using guards. I liked the way bandits troop around, sit down, etc, but I can;t figure out a way to make them attack some NPC's, not others, and not the players.

sidusar October 10th, 2008 07:12 PM

I usually just use normal bandits and uncheck their "attack players". They'll still fight against aggro mobs, and you can use sequences to make them act somewhat like a 'bandit camp', though not quite as pretty.

There's no way to make them attack some NPCs but not others though. The AI is set in stone in that regard. Bandits will always still fight civilians, guards, kami and karavan. Unless you set them to not fight any mobs at all.

Setting aggro range to 0 will make them not attack anything, but still fight back against anything that attacks them. They'll not help a player that storms into their village with a kincher in tow, though, until the kincher is done with the player and turns on them. :p