Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - The Atysian Science Forum
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Your life on the living planet (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   The Atysian Science Forum (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=33024)

numbie October 16th, 2008 02:50 PM

Re: The Atysian Science Forum

I don't understand how this was a "spoiler". Spoiler is something you will get knowing eventually. But what was posted by Kommisar is something that only veteran players would know.

danolt October 16th, 2008 03:52 PM

The old lore that I have come across fails to mention many things that are now present in the game. It skips over major characters, themes and events that have been added to the Atys mythos. I suspect that as Atys came to life, many of the original ideas were tweaked beyond recognition, new ideas added, old ones removed.

I know if it were me and I were creating a game that I was in part marketing as "What is Atys?", "What is really going on?" "Who is Jena?'" I do not think I would follow previous explanations of the back story that were released to the test players as the game was being developed. I suspect that as Atys is/was being transformed from paper to program many things are changed, that as ideas are implemented in the game, they morph to fit game play, balance, and dynamics.

I think we would be best served when discussing the 'Science of Atys' by using what we know has happened and by what is actually in the game. After all I could find some old posts and make an argument that spires are now in the game.

The lose of the chronicles and the lore sections that use to be on the official site infers to me that the only 'lore' we know for sure that will survive the rebirth is written on the temple walls. We have also seen some indication that what has occurred in the saga forums will remain as history. I am hopeful that the post launch lore will be restored/reworked before subs are renewed.

Back to the central topic: As far as Homins go, it is all in the 'seed'. That little something extra growing in our brains.

riveit October 16th, 2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenerismoon
Theory: All homins descended from a single population, that became seperated at some point in time. Over time, different traits became isolated and became prevalent in the diffrent populations... resulting in the four types of homins we see now...

I invite all to challenge my theory.

All Temples agree that homin races were created during the founding of Atys. The Kamist lore claims that each race rose separately from seeds in their respective homes. How does your theory explain the hominid races, the Gibbads, Frahar, Cutes and extinct Momos? Are they more evolved than homins?

boroshi October 16th, 2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbie
I don't understand how this was a "spoiler". Spoiler is something you will get knowing eventually. But what was posted by Kommisar is something that only veteran players would know.

What was posted was never "officially" released (during the time that the game was recognisable as "Ryzom" anyway) - it was supposedly leaked by an unofficial source about a year and a half ago. It's not something that "only veteran players would know", but rather something that no one should know, and it may not even be true :)

That's (hopefully) my last word in this thread.

dracolych49 October 16th, 2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riveit
All Temples agree that homin races were created during the founding of Atys. The Kamist lore claims that each race rose separately from seeds in their respective homes. How does your theory explain the hominid races, the Gibbads, Frahar, Cutes and extinct Momos? Are they more evolved than homins?

While we have no Momos to look at and compare to the Matis, if you look at the Gibbads and my people, the Zorai, you would see some resemblance, as you would when seeing the Tryker and the Cutes and the Frahar and the Fyros. Thus, it stands that we are the evolved form of these primitives. Seeing as how they all have two arms, two legs, stand at least somewhat upright, have only 2 eyes, etc, you can't completely rule out the whole 'they once were one, and now are many' bit. How the races breed true, even if intermixed, is a bit confusing. That part might be due to the 'seed' we have.

nazak07 October 17th, 2008 07:24 AM

Not in character of course.... Curious does the lore specifically state how homin breeding works? I only recall hearing things about the races being seeds, ect. Which can be taken quite literally in a fantasy world.... I mean who is to say homins actually come into contact with one another in the breeding process.

Perhaps homins are quite literally grown from the ground and the only difference between races is where they were planted, aka the the enviormental effects on growth.

Dunno, have never read anything on homin breeding, ryzom is so different, you can't expect homins to breed and share traits like humans. Just because they look similar doesn't mean they do the same thing.

Would explain why races are different, yet similar to the local primitives.

aka zorai born in jungle areas with lots of tree/plant life (minus heavily goo infected areas) and goo influence. Gibbais tend to be found in areas like this too eh? Even the gibbai in matis lands are found in more heavily forested areas. Perhaps Gibbai were once zorai. Yet infected by the Goo's influence changed to a more primal nature, which is what happens with the goo infected stuff I think? They become more violent ect.

Though they were all origionally down in the roots I think? But where they living in seperate areas racially, where they bred in certain ways purposely? Never seen any lore on how homins grow and develop and specifically in what conditions there were born/raised in, to consider those as factors.

komissar October 17th, 2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dracolych49
While we have no Momos to look at and compare to the Matis,

We have a number of Momo candidates actually :)

and also these...

Wouldn't say they look a lot like matis tho...

The Gibbai, the cutes and the Frahar are called "degenerate" homins in fact so that would mean they are the by-product of homin genetic ingeneering, which initially went in 4 directions forming 4 peoples thus the by-products would be kind of similar to those 4 peoples aswell...

numbie October 17th, 2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komissar
We have a number of Momo candidates actually :)

Looks more like desert-style Kami to me.

katriell October 17th, 2008 05:03 PM

It always seemed obvious to me that those were Kami, but come to think of it, there's nothing that confirms that except maybe trailer #10.

sidusar October 18th, 2008 12:04 AM

Regarding the Momo, a few snippets of info from an official Ring scenario:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nazak07
Not in character of course.... Curious does the lore specifically state how homin breeding works? I only recall hearing things about the races being seeds, ect. Which can be taken quite literally in a fantasy world.... I mean who is to say homins actually come into contact with one another in the breeding process.

Perhaps homins are quite literally grown from the ground and the only difference between races is where they were planted, aka the the enviormental effects on growth.

Dunno, have never read anything on homin breeding, ryzom is so different, you can't expect homins to breed and share traits like humans. Just because they look similar doesn't mean they do the same thing.

Very good point. :) The thought had crossed my mind too, but I think it's just too alien for most people to consider :p