Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - The Atysian Science Forum
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Your life on the living planet (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   The Atysian Science Forum (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=33024)

acridiel October 18th, 2008 12:02 PM

Re: The Atysian Science Forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by nazak07
Though they were all origionally down in the roots I think? But where they living in seperate areas racially, where they bred in certain ways purposely? Never seen any lore on how homins grow and develop and specifically in what conditions there were born/raised in, to consider those as factors.

You mixed up some facts here.
The Homins originaly lived in the old lands and where driven from them by the great swarm. The Kami/Karavan Alliance during that time led them into underground shelters in the Prime Roots. From there they emerged again to be shown to the New Lands where we now live (read: play our characters).

Some even made it to the New Lands without the time of twilight in the PRs.
Ovlovaks Story, says he guided many homins by the stars from the old lands to the new and thus became famous. (Was readable on the chronicles site)

Those that arrive on Silan now are descendants of the homins that did not make it to the fabled rainbow portals, or whose ancestors fled into the wilds not trusting the divine entities, or fled before the portals were ready.

There are lore stories on how homins grow up. Sadly they got lost with the loss of the chronicles site. A lot of official stories tell of children, so just because we don´t have them inGAme doesn´t mean there aren´t any.
There simply are no models for them, yet.

CU
Acridiel

katriell October 18th, 2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acridiel
There are lore stories on how homins grow up. Sadly they got lost with the loss of the chronicles site.

http://www.kami-alliance.info/mirror...les.ryzom.com/

boroshi October 18th, 2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katriell

You can also use WebArchive.org to view the old lore section of the mainsite.

mashed October 18th, 2008 03:46 PM

i dont see the seed idea so alien ;)

after all what is an egg other than an animal version of the plants seed.

but most of all im glad im not the only wondering the scientific side of atys :)

nazak07 October 18th, 2008 05:46 PM

Since the planet itself a living thing, always kind of pictured homin babies blooming out of like flower pods lol. :)

fenerismoon October 20th, 2008 12:28 AM

Wow! I never imagined this thread would get some many hits!

Thank you all! You have all raised very good points!

As for the question of the Primative peoples... I believe that they do share a common ancestor with homins. But, they each evolved sperately into the different speices we see today. Also, note that there is less differance between a Fyos, Zorai (Excluding the masks, because they are grafted on,) Tryker, and Matis, than there is between a Gibbai and a Zorai.

I look foreward to your responses!

numbie October 20th, 2008 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenerismoon
Also, note that there is less differance between a Fyos, Zorai (Excluding the masks, because they are grafted on,) Tryker, and Matis, than there is between a Gibbai and a Zorai.

Gibbai and Zorai are maybe questionable, but you cannot deny that Fyros and Frahar are very similar. So I'd rather say every "homin + primitive" pair has a common ancestor.

fenerismoon October 21st, 2008 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbie
Gibbai and Zorai are maybe questionable, but you cannot deny that Fyros and Frahar are very similar. So I'd rather say every "homin + primitive" pair has a common ancestor.

True... but, there is greater similarity between a fyros and a matis, than there is between a fyros and a farhar,

deadelf November 23rd, 2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenerismoon
True... but, there is greater similarity between a fyros and a matis, than there is between a fyros and a farhar,

actually frahar basically looks like a wild fyros (male) with a tale, i would drag a helpless fyros male out to the frahar camp and take a screenie for comparison, but havent got the time atm. summary: fyros and frahar share much more than fyros and matis imo: distinctive coloured hair, skintone, skull and facial shape, etc.

as for zoraï: another thing to consider is the tribe of gibbaï in Void, the gibads, have different coloured hair instead of black like their wild brothers, also they have much less of it, so if it can be taken that zoraï and gibbaï at least share a common ancestor then i would say the gibads are closer to the zoraï than the normal wild counterparts

elthunim November 25th, 2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komissar
The Gibbai, the cutes and the Frahar are called "degenerate" homins in fact so that would mean they are the by-product of homin genetic ingeneering, which initially went in 4 directions forming 4 peoples thus the by-products would be kind of similar to those 4 peoples as well...

The fact that we have Gibbaï (Zoraï degenerates), Cutes (Tryker) and Frahar (Fyros), but no Matis counterpart appears to me as unequivocal proof that Matisian Goo experiments were not solely conducted on plants and enslaved Trykers...

Unless the Momos were that missing link, but they don't look anything like Matis (more like Fyros), and their extinction needs explaining.