Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - The Atysian Science Forum
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Your life on the living planet (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   The Atysian Science Forum (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=33024)

kervala November 25th, 2008 04:36 PM

Re: The Atysian Science Forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by elthunim
Unless the Momos were that missing link, but they don't look anything like Matis (more like Fyros), and their extinction needs explaining.

Hum, where did you see a Momo ?

Momos were described in a previous event for Halloween (in 2006 ?) and they have a certain ressemblance to Matis.

sidusar November 25th, 2008 06:31 PM

Yep, 2006. :) See my earlier screenies for that description.

It would seem from that the Momos were wiped out because they simply wouldn't flee. When homins encroached on their lands, they'd fight them until the last Momo.

Quote:

The fact that we have Gibbaï (Zoraï degenerates), Cutes (Tryker) and Frahar (Fyros), but no Matis counterpart appears to me as unequivocal proof that Matisian Goo experiments were not solely conducted on plants and enslaved Trykers...

Pretend-logic hurts my brain. :rolleyes: I could conclude just as 'unequivocally' that the fact that yelks appear in every ecosystem except the jungle can only mean that yelks are a biological weapon developed by the Zoraï using stolen Karavan technology...

There's nothing in the official lore that even hints at the Matis conducting Goo experiments. They merely screw around with every living being's genetic code. :D (And if they experimented on homins, d'you really think they'd spare their own kind?) None of the civilizations allow Goo research, only some renegade tribes conduct in it.

deadelf November 27th, 2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidusar
Pretend-logic hurts my brain. :rolleyes: I could conclude just as 'unequivocally' that the fact that yelks appear in every ecosystem except the jungle can only mean that yelks are a biological weapon developed by the Zoraï using stolen Karavan technology...

that explains everything! :p

fenerismoon November 28th, 2008 03:23 AM

Quote:

The fact that we have Gibbaï (Zoraï degenerates), Cutes (Tryker) and Frahar (Fyros), but no Matis counterpart appears to me as unequivocal proof that Matisian Goo experiments were not solely conducted on plants and enslaved Trykers...

Unless the Momos were that missing link, but they don't look anything like Matis (more like Fyros), and their extinction needs explaining.

True... but no more so than a Gibai and a Zora...

As for the Momos' extinction... it says in the lore that the Matis pushed them into extinction through hunting... (they didn't have to kill every momo, just enough to prevent a population recovery)

piquedram December 19th, 2008 03:57 PM

what have you DONE, showing me the way to the archive lore site, now i'll NEVER be able to study because i want to read all the lore again :D