Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - is there any info on previous events?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   is there any info on previous events? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=34151)

faedyne May 17th, 2009 10:15 AM

is there any info on previous events?

I just noticed I missed a recent event, and I wanted to find out what happened at it. Is there a record of what actually happens at these events anywhere?
I watched a recap of the recent event that opened up the KPs, and there was a lot of stuff in there that I totally missed. (like the whole motivation for going to Demon's Lap was actually because there was a caravan that contained precious amber cubes of ancient knowledge, and that they were stolen and taken to the Kitin nest and we had to retrieve them. See, that makes more sense to me.) Sure, some of it was due to walking through the PR while everyone else took a portal that wasn't announced, but apparently there were events AFTER it which I never heard announced. (like the boss came back, along with another boss, and swarms of Kitin, and they killed them again.)
and apparently this was all about amber cubes. It was?? Was that at some previous event or were we informed about this when people arrived at the nest? (which I missed because I was walking ahead when everyone else was portaled through the Lands of Umbra)

sidusar May 18th, 2009 03:29 PM

Re: is there any info on previous events?

I think you're mixing up some events there. The event to retrieve the amber cube was from the kitin nest in Underwood Woe and that was in January. The event into the kitin nest at Demon's Lap was purely for the Fyros to show off and that was the one that brought the KPs back, and also the one that was followed by another event with two bosses and swarms of kitin, and that was all in March.

The thread of the January event is here, the threads of the (totally unrelated) March event are here and here.

Often the officials will post logs or recaps of the events in the threads, and regularly players will too, but there's no official procedure or anything so it also happens sometimes that nobody does...

Perhaps if they get the chronicles sites back up, it'll have recap stories about the events too, but that's just guessing at this point. :o

acridiel May 19th, 2009 12:51 PM

I think as Faedyne is referring to my Video of the Invasion, I may say a few words about it.

In my opinion these events are absolutely related.
First, by revolving around the Kitin.
Second, by depicting a definite "buildup" in aggressiveness of the Kitin and retaliatory actions by the homins and Kitin alike.

They may be viewed as separate events of course, but on the long view, in the "Saga" so to say, they are in my book at least perfectly connected and a great way to show us the consequences of our actions.

Even the player organized "Kitin Spankings" could, with just a little fantasy and effort, be viewed as actions in the ongoing war against the beasts.
As actions that might as well sometime in the future stir new invasions. Poking around a bees nest will only be tolerated by the bees for so long ;)

I think its great that we can partly live the "Saga" again.

Now if only they´d let us fail in any effort again, to see that failure would also have consequences.
*dreams*

CU
Acridiel :)

sidusar May 19th, 2009 07:02 PM

Nitpicker. :p Ofcourse the events (should) all tie together into the bigger story of Atys. :) Just saying these weren't multiple events within one overarching storyline, as is frequently done.

acridiel May 19th, 2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidusar
Nitpicker. :p Ofcourse the events (should) all tie together into the bigger story of Atys. :) Just saying these weren't multiple events within one overarching storyline, as is frequently done.

How can you be so sure?

Why couldn´t they be part of one storyline of stirred Kitin culminating in a great Invasion?

CU
Acridiel