Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Expansions, planets?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Expansions, planets? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=34158)

ukelele May 17th, 2009 10:33 PM

Expansions, planets?

Well, this is what I've found in the ryzomvault.ign.com unofficial FAQ:

Quote:

Will expansions ever be released? (105 comments)

Yes, a second planet in the Ryzom saga is already being planned. This planet will have a significantly different gameplay focus. However, due to the modular nature of the Ryzom skill and action systems, characters created on Atys will be compatible with this world. Players who buy the expansion will be able to migrate their characters between the two planets, because an in-game bridge will exist between them.

Major add-ons are planned roughly every 6 months. These can contain new land mass, new player races and new skill tree branches.

I know this is probably old, but just imagine to have a second planet too...

Is this possible? are there going to be expansions?

dakhound May 17th, 2009 11:22 PM

Re: Expansions, planets?

worth posting for the comedy value eh

oh what *could* have been

acridiel May 17th, 2009 11:32 PM

Aaahyes, those were the times whit Nevrax.
Back then they were full of good ideas and enthusiasm.
Today they´re only "and"...

Well, all we can do is wait and see. *sigh*
We´re used to it.
At least I am.

CU
Acridiel

katriell May 18th, 2009 12:44 AM

Forget it.

truman May 18th, 2009 04:27 AM

a second planet hardly seems necessary when we have all those "upper branches" yet to be explored/exploited

h0lycha0 May 18th, 2009 07:02 AM

I love when I stumble on the old news articles for The Saga of Ryzom. Everything was so unique. There was so much potential and hope for this game. If WG does just a 1/4 of "what could have been" I think I'd fork over a life time sub :P

ripset2008 May 18th, 2009 10:28 AM

might happen :P not likly tho :D

metalhead980 May 18th, 2009 01:46 PM

While New planets sound really awesome on paper.
This game doesn't nearly have the population size to make such a feature worthwhile.

What would we do split the Sub 10k players that play ryzom up on two planets?

We would basically be playing a solo game.

What I would much rather see is access to the roots (canopy) and a couple new zones added to Atys. Alone with continuation of Events that progress the lore and certain features fleshed out like the Encyclopedia and Hostable ring scenarios so we don't have to be online for our fellow homins to enjoy them.
A couple zones would be something our small community will be able to take advantage of not some barren wasteland with a totally different play mechanic.

memiki May 18th, 2009 03:23 PM

Yes I have always wanted to go the the canopy.

When I read the old plans, they were exciting. Many has not come but maybe some day.

h0lycha0 May 18th, 2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalhead980
While New planets sound really awesome on paper.
This game doesn't nearly have the population size to make such a feature worthwhile.

Honestly, it's not so much that I would like to see another planet (or even get to the roots yet) but those old ideas are interesting. One thing I read was about dappers degrading over time because they are made from an organic material. That's something I found really cool. I would be broke all the time, and we wouldn't need the wheel to "help the economy".

I don't think for one second that anything from those old articles will happen but I do find it fun to read what could have been if things had been a little better planed out.