Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - The ring is an awesome feature.....but
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   The Ryzom Ring (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   The ring is an awesome feature.....but (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=34188)

metalhead980 May 24th, 2009 03:02 AM

The ring is an awesome feature.....but

It sucks that I need to be online to host the scenario for people.
Please find a way for us to upload our completed scenarios to the Ryzom server and let players enjoy them while we are offline.

I have all these great Ideas for scenarios but since I play only a few hours a week I can't stay online to host these for people.

If I could upload them this feature would be used much more often.

The only problem I see with the uploading is having a million freaking lame scenarios to go through on a list. to fix that just give them a timer like Scenarios delete off the server after 48 hours and would need to be re-uploaded.

Please Develop something like this, Not one person on Atys that I know likes the Idea of staying online so people could try a created scenario.

Thanks for reading.

vonzuben May 24th, 2009 04:10 AM

Re: The ring is an awesome feature.....but

Yup, after severe bugs like getting players stuck (these are only recent bugs from the most recent patches), this is the biggest deterrent to using the Ring.

What they need to deal with lame scenarios is a player rating system such that you can sort the best ones to the top of the list.

katriell May 24th, 2009 08:04 AM

A well known and valid issue which I too am concerned about.

But: You don't need to be online to host a Ring scenario. Your computer does. You could leave your character logged in and hosting a scenario while you do other things.

liseke May 24th, 2009 04:13 PM

computers use electricity though, not sure if it'd be worth the added cost if you leave your pc on 24/7.

gcaldani May 25th, 2009 01:32 PM

I think most of the players would agree with that.

It is what makes ring so underused.

Also we need some sort of rewarding system. Yes you can setup rewards by your own, but a built-in system would work much better.

A rating system would be good too, tho it would be easily exploited (and you know it will be). But it can also be automatically managed by the community itself so, best thing is to have it, try it and see how the community deal with it.

yuritau June 1st, 2009 03:17 PM

I agree with Gilgameesh, the Ring scenarios need a way for the creator to reward people who finish the scenario. I know the ring was made XP-less and Loot-less to stop people from exploiting it, but if the creator could put items from their own inventory into a Scenario bag (like a room/packer bag), and then every player that finishes the scenario gets X number (chosen by the scenario creator) items from that bag at random (or maybe first come first pick).

That would be a big draw for both scenario creators AND scenario players.

sidusar June 4th, 2009 08:34 PM

Yup, agree with the hosting issue and that it'd be nice to have a reward system.

I do however have a second account, and a second PC that regularly stands unoccupied, so if enough Ringcreators would be willing to send me their maps, I'd be happy to host them in rotation whenever I'm able to. :)

liseke June 4th, 2009 11:43 PM

seriously, they can already host scenarios, how hard can it be to let those scenarios stay in the list when the player leaves them?

and the rating system could be a simple thumbs up-thumbs down thing...

agustuss September 2nd, 2009 11:39 PM

Kay,I know this has nothing to do with this topic but i want to rejoin the game..i picked this game up a bout 2 months of its release but i forgot my previous acc name/pass and i deleted my old email adress is their any way to access this account? like should i call and try to access this or is it lost indefinitly

gcaldani September 3rd, 2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agustuss
Kay,I know this has nothing to do with this topic but i want to rejoin the game..i picked this game up a bout 2 months of its release but i forgot my previous acc name/pass and i deleted my old email adress is their any way to access this account? like should i call and try to access this or is it lost indefinitly

I think this is the wrong place, u should post this in the account forum section. I think if you can prove your ownership, devs can help you get your account back, but sure you have to remember the data.