Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Share your ideas for Ryzom
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Share your ideas for Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=34253)

mrparson June 10th, 2009 01:28 PM

Re: Share your ideas for Ryzom

I think some of these ideas should have no need to be on the suggestion list, because the Ryzom team should know how useful they would be.

Things like:

Finishing quests or such
Allowing the user to make the Hand Menu larger, more icons, or allowing for user selected small, medium, or large icons as a preference
Better bags or sorting
Etc....

the ideas I have read would be great. Some to be honest I do not understand as I am still to new a user to have bumped into the need of some on the list yet.

It is a bit hard for me to believe that the developers need to hear that these things are important, to make them important to them.

I could understand a developer's list that we could vote on to prioritize what users deem most vital, with an area to add further ideas, but I really hope that this list is not for ideas that should be worked on no matter how many votes they receive.

kiakaha June 10th, 2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrparson
I could understand a developer's list that we could vote on to prioritize what users deem most vital, with an area to add further ideas, but I really hope that this list is not for ideas that should be worked on no matter how many votes they receive.

I'm betting the devs have a good idea of what is needed. "Needed" however, is very relative, and some of the issues on the site have received far less votes than I would have thought. I'm pretty sure that they will implement some things that have few votes, while not doing other things with many more votes. The number of votes can never be the only criterium on what to do or not do, there is the general direction of the game, time constraints and resources to take into account.

iceaxe68 June 10th, 2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrparson
It is a bit hard for me to believe that the developers need to hear that these things are important, to make them important to them.

First of all, thank you for jumping in and taking part in the community! It's great to have you here.

I think that the voting system is intended as a way for the users to communicate to the dev team what is impacting us the most, and what new ideas we like the most. Hopefully it's not a system of mob rule where the majority dictates what the devs will work on next, but instead an important set of information to be taken into account in the planning process.

It's much more quantifiable than forum posts advocating one thing or another.

katriell June 14th, 2009 09:16 AM

It's...unpleasant...that I've had to reallocate nine out of my ten votes to ideas advocating rollbacks of v1.5.0 components.

richky June 14th, 2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katriell
It's...unpleasant...that I've had to reallocate nine out of my ten votes to ideas advocating rollbacks of v1.5.0 components.

I had the same feeling :(
I would much rather be able to assign them to some of the great ideas there for moving forward! :)

stheno2 June 14th, 2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katriell

I move a vote to agree with this statement :-P
They should have voting separated actually, a section for game bugs, another for perceived patch blunders, and another for game feature additions.

seawe June 15th, 2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

They should have voting separated actually, a section for game bugs, another for perceived patch blunders, and another for game feature additions.

o/ agree :) since there is no test server currently (that i know of) giving feedback on patches specifically is needed. Though it would obviously be better to be able to give feedback before the patch so rollbacks weren't needed to be requested ;) but a test server is a big thing to set up in its self...

hemera June 18th, 2009 02:19 PM

feedback bullshit page.

http://feedback.ryzom.com/pages/2600...3e013fa4a3978f

whats the use of having a feed back page when they dont listen to the players.

truman June 18th, 2009 03:42 PM

so reparing the damage to "fear" is declined
no explanation - nothing
so it's not going to happen
is there an explanation somewhere on the need for this in the first place?

kervala June 18th, 2009 03:58 PM

Why no people from aniro or leanon voted for this ?

I checked the votes, there are a lot of people which are rerolls (just to add a vote) so it doesn't reflect to real changes.

Edit: Don't forget if this bug fix is rolled back, it will affect also people from Aniro and Leanon. So don't be egoist !