Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Share your ideas for Ryzom
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Share your ideas for Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=34253)

Yumeroh June 9th, 2009 11:28 AM

Share your ideas for Ryzom

You have your ideas on how to improve Ryzom, and we take your feedback into account whenever possible.

We read all the posts on the forum, but this is not an ideal way to gather, discuss and organise emerging ideas and suggestions.

To make it easier for you to give us your ideas, we have implemented a new dedicated feedback system! Here you can add all your ideas, comments, feedback and, most importantly, vote for the ideas you like the most.

You can access the feedback system here or by clicking the "feedback" button on the left of the http://www.ryzom.com website.

kiakaha June 9th, 2009 11:37 AM

Re: Share your ideas for Ryzom

Yay for feedback!

liseke June 9th, 2009 11:39 AM

awesome, good to know the devs are looking at this, time to vote ;)

suib0m June 9th, 2009 12:31 PM

Question: Is it acceptable to add bugs to this feedback system to prioritize the wanting of a fix?

Thanks for giving us a more concise voice :)

Peace,
- Sui

abizmal June 9th, 2009 01:32 PM

Awsome :)
This has been needed for a long time.
bah - nothing to moan about now :(

Abiz

maccer16 June 9th, 2009 02:53 PM

very good job good chance il resub now :D

ajsuk June 9th, 2009 05:11 PM

It's good to hear you guys are interested in taking feedback and this is exactly the kind of system I prefer when voting on ideas.

It's just a shame it's not a custom page integrated with Ryzom's existing accounts. I hate having to sign up a bunch of times to use all of the different toys the same company wants me to play with. :rolleyes:

sidusar June 9th, 2009 05:42 PM

[Fine then, but the rest still stands] This thing has been around forever, I remember regularly checking there and voting on it months ago. :p

But I'd all but forgotten about it by now, so it's good to know you're paying attention to it and making use of it. :)

liseke June 9th, 2009 05:47 PM

sidusar: "implementing" something just means using it, lol. Besides, I have no idea who started that page ;)

kiakaha June 9th, 2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidusar
[Fine then, but the rest still stands] This thing has been around forever, I remember regularly checking there and voting on it months ago. :p

But I'd all but forgotten about it by now, so it's good to know you're paying attention to it and making use of it. :)

Perhaps some player made it and the "absorbed" it :P

mrparson June 10th, 2009 01:28 PM

I think some of these ideas should have no need to be on the suggestion list, because the Ryzom team should know how useful they would be.

Things like:

Finishing quests or such
Allowing the user to make the Hand Menu larger, more icons, or allowing for user selected small, medium, or large icons as a preference
Better bags or sorting
Etc....

the ideas I have read would be great. Some to be honest I do not understand as I am still to new a user to have bumped into the need of some on the list yet.

It is a bit hard for me to believe that the developers need to hear that these things are important, to make them important to them.

I could understand a developer's list that we could vote on to prioritize what users deem most vital, with an area to add further ideas, but I really hope that this list is not for ideas that should be worked on no matter how many votes they receive.

kiakaha June 10th, 2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrparson
I could understand a developer's list that we could vote on to prioritize what users deem most vital, with an area to add further ideas, but I really hope that this list is not for ideas that should be worked on no matter how many votes they receive.

I'm betting the devs have a good idea of what is needed. "Needed" however, is very relative, and some of the issues on the site have received far less votes than I would have thought. I'm pretty sure that they will implement some things that have few votes, while not doing other things with many more votes. The number of votes can never be the only criterium on what to do or not do, there is the general direction of the game, time constraints and resources to take into account.

iceaxe68 June 10th, 2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrparson
It is a bit hard for me to believe that the developers need to hear that these things are important, to make them important to them.

First of all, thank you for jumping in and taking part in the community! It's great to have you here.

I think that the voting system is intended as a way for the users to communicate to the dev team what is impacting us the most, and what new ideas we like the most. Hopefully it's not a system of mob rule where the majority dictates what the devs will work on next, but instead an important set of information to be taken into account in the planning process.

It's much more quantifiable than forum posts advocating one thing or another.

katriell June 14th, 2009 09:16 AM

It's...unpleasant...that I've had to reallocate nine out of my ten votes to ideas advocating rollbacks of v1.5.0 components.

richky June 14th, 2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katriell
It's...unpleasant...that I've had to reallocate nine out of my ten votes to ideas advocating rollbacks of v1.5.0 components.

I had the same feeling :(
I would much rather be able to assign them to some of the great ideas there for moving forward! :)

stheno2 June 14th, 2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katriell

I move a vote to agree with this statement :-P
They should have voting separated actually, a section for game bugs, another for perceived patch blunders, and another for game feature additions.

seawe June 15th, 2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

They should have voting separated actually, a section for game bugs, another for perceived patch blunders, and another for game feature additions.

o/ agree :) since there is no test server currently (that i know of) giving feedback on patches specifically is needed. Though it would obviously be better to be able to give feedback before the patch so rollbacks weren't needed to be requested ;) but a test server is a big thing to set up in its self...

hemera June 18th, 2009 02:19 PM

feedback bullshit page.

http://feedback.ryzom.com/pages/2600...3e013fa4a3978f

whats the use of having a feed back page when they dont listen to the players.

truman June 18th, 2009 03:42 PM

so reparing the damage to "fear" is declined
no explanation - nothing
so it's not going to happen
is there an explanation somewhere on the need for this in the first place?

kervala June 18th, 2009 03:58 PM

Why no people from aniro or leanon voted for this ?

I checked the votes, there are a lot of people which are rerolls (just to add a vote) so it doesn't reflect to real changes.

Edit: Don't forget if this bug fix is rolled back, it will affect also people from Aniro and Leanon. So don't be egoist !

orbdragon June 18th, 2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kervala
Why no people from aniro or leanon voted for this ?

I checked the votes, there are a lot of people which are rerolls (just to add a vote) so it doesn't reflect to real changes.

Edit: Don't forget if this bug fix is rolled back, it will affect also people from Aniro and Leanon. So don't be egoist !

Kervala, as I have little interaction with anyone from the other servers I don't know their opinions. How do they like the afflictions as they are now?

kervala June 18th, 2009 04:57 PM

I remember a lot of PvPers were using it in crystallized spells and because to the bug, they were able to cast a level 50 spell on a level 250 melee warrior :s

It was even called an exploit, because it wouldn't have been possible.

That was the main use of these spells :) (a lot most used than in PvE)

orbdragon June 18th, 2009 05:07 PM

Oh, I wasn't aware of that particular application! I can see why that bit should be fixed, then. As it stood, I considered myself lucky to land a level 80 affliction on a level 80 creature, much less actually get a link.

Shame they couldn't change one part of it and leave another the way it was.

acridiel June 18th, 2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orbdragon
Kervala, as I have little interaction with anyone from the other servers I don't know their opinions. How do they like the afflictions as they are now?

Strangely enough, most players on Leanon do seem to be rather contend with the changes.
A very few openly complained and only a very few probably voted on it, because only just a few even knew about this vote.
Not everyone does speak English and of these even less bother to check Arispotle Forums regularly.

My bringing up the vote against the new target gauge, was shouted down and ridiculed.
Although many complain about it, but donīt bother with the forums.
German Boards are extremely in decline as more and more new and old players donīt see any sense in using them or even bothering to use them.
I donīt know why this is so, but it seems to be a "German thing", that reading and posting on boards is regarded as:

a.)either extremely fanboy-ish
or
b.)extremely troll-ish and rude

both are uncool and there does not seem to be a middle ground for many new players in this. So Forums are to be avoided.
In addition most new (mostly young) players I asked, regarded Forum reading as a bother and not worth their time.
"Why read a Forum, if I can play and just ask my way around?" was one direct answer I got. And "... if I can learn from everyone else whatīs going on?"
The logic in this is, you will know whats going on, even if its late, but you wonīt have to stop playing for it and you can still raise a ruckus in Universe if what you "hear" does not please you. Regardless of the value of the rumored information, that only a few bother to check.
*sigh*

Well, so no wonder most of us did not vote, I did, for what its worth.

And I deeply regret so few Germans willing to read these boards at all.
My guess atm is that only about 10% of the actual amount of players, which arenīt that many anyway, do participate actively in the German boards.
Gawd, Iīm a fossil of almost forgotten times it seems. :(

CU
Acridiel

ulukyn June 18th, 2009 05:22 PM

Don't mistake please.
Yes, rollback are declined because devs can't re-add a bug, that make no sens.
But, we can read it : "We will work to increase your pleasure to play and use affilys".

So, if affy spells need to be corrected, I think, devs will do it, but NOT with a rollback.

And now, you can use your points to others things :)

blaah June 18th, 2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemera
whats the use of having a feed back page when they dont listen to the players.

stop using word ROLLBACK if you want anything change.

sore losers creating spam there does not help the cause either.
-
me personally think that fear is completely useless now because of low success, mob not running away from me but does circles in one place most of the time, always running 'east' (or whatever direction is default) and range is only 50m.

chibiarc June 18th, 2009 05:37 PM

I agree, the word rollback is simply wrong and therefore the request denied. A rework or adjustment would have been a better fitting one. I think they made the changes for a reason and in the worst case for a reason they are well aware of e.g. for future balance / combat / content but we are not.

Everything is in progress, stuff gets broken, stuff gets fixed, but a complete rollback would mean to discard the time and work spent for this aspect of the game and completely redo it. A further tuning of the changes instead of undoing them is what we need.

gcaldani June 18th, 2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulukyn
Don't mistake please.
Yes, rollback are declined because devs can't re-add a bug, that make no sens.
But, we can read it : "We will work to increase your pleasure to play and use affilys".

So, if affy spells need to be corrected, I think, devs will do it, but NOT with a rollback.

And now, you can use your points to others things :)

Oh, someone i can quote for.

liseke June 18th, 2009 08:02 PM

if somebody would make a VALID suggestion about afflictions they would probably get my votes.

truman June 19th, 2009 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liseke
if somebody would make a VALID suggestion about afflictions they would probably get my votes.

for pve put it back exactly as it was
is that valid? i don't know but as much as i enjoy this game i'm currently letting my painful (long story but what's wrong with direct payment by PayPal?) gamecard provided sub run out this weekend
thats how serious i think this issue is (yes i know no one is gonna miss my $11 U.S.)

there is no other MMO that can take its place so it is seriously going to be missed but the new "devs" don't seem to play the game and don't care about the players thoughts or opinions about it
eh, it seems there are plenty of subscriptions so pissing of a nice chunk of the population is of no concern

just one last question

does anyone actually like how fear works now?

seawe June 19th, 2009 03:22 AM

New suggestion created :)

http://feedback.ryzom.com/pages/2600...alance-affilys

All we want is to have them like before for PVE is the general consensus it seems. Higher lvl mobs can still be cast on but their resists and the link time diminishes the higher they are.

Personally I think 50 lvls above your lvl could be about max affectiveness. But of course you'd get alot of resists and the link time would be very very short against the max lvl. but the point is it'd still be doable. And I still think linking xp to the total time of links affect is a pretty ok idea.

orbdragon June 19th, 2009 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seawe
And I still think linking xp to the total time of links affect is a pretty ok idea.

If your XP was based on the amount of time linked, you would also have to adjust experience for how many hit points were healed, how much damage was done through nuking, how much damage was done through the tank... Healers and nukers would always win this one, and everyone winds up bitter. No pass, here. The current experience allocation and capping method is pretty well-balanced.

- Lomi

grapes June 19th, 2009 05:26 PM

Landing an affly on a mob 50+ levels above ur own is dumb. Why would affly's work but not ele? I actually think affly is now better than before. I bet the only complainers of the affly update are the ones that where rellying on it for PVP exploits.

:(

kalindra June 20th, 2009 05:28 AM

The thing is, it's really harder for an afflictionnist to find a team than for an elementalist, as they are not deemed as "esential" as damage output which nearly forces afflictionnists to join a team of higher level players. They are often called XP leaches even if they do make the fight easier for their team either by making the mob less harmful to the tank or make it hit itself... Never heard of a mage that mastered affies first. It's usually their 4th + mastery (after nuke, heal and melee).

Now afflictionnists will have no choice but to team up with people using lower level skills (not impossible, just harder to find one that lets you in.) in order to master a skill that isn't nearly as life saving as it used to be, since the mob now recovers immediately after the link breaks. The life saving 3-5 second recovery gave you just the necessary time to cast another spell or to run the heck away. It's no longer possible. Now you have to be able to hold a fear link long enough in order to have time to cast a spell before the mob is back in your face hitting you.

Also, fear + root is no longer possible. As soon as the fear breaks, the mob starts running back towards you, and even if your root links, the mob keeps running for a couple more seconds...

These are not shenanigans, they are tested and observed facts. And Nitrouss is the last person I would call an incompetent. He thoroughly tested the changes to afflictions and how they affect people's gameplay.

I'm not the kind of person who will say "this sucks, roll it back!". More like "the new features have flaws that need to be worked on." I've seen games where my character's skills were nerfed into oblivion, rendering them useless and forcing me to re-spec. The affies are still usable, they're just not as powerful.

"Nerf the KPs, they are overkill !" what's next ? "Remove the new content, it's disturbing my grind." ?!?

sidusar June 21st, 2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grapes
Landing an affly on a mob 50+ levels above ur own is dumb. Why would affly's work but not ele?

Actually, even before the patch, it was a lot easier to hit a mob 50+ levels above your own with ele than with afflies. And even if the affly hit, the link would only last a second and not do much, while an ele spell would still do most of it's damage.

The only way in which affly could be considered overpowered, is in that it was possible (with a 5% chance, but still possible) to land a lvl 1 fear on a level 250 opponent, without getting a link but still removing them from battle for several seconds as the fear effect lingered without a link. That's it. In every other aspect, afflies were already underpowered compared to ele; harder to hit with and less advantage when you did hit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalindra
Never heard of a mage that mastered affies first. It's usually their 4th + mastery (after nuke, heal and melee).

I know one, but that doesn't change the point. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalindra
what's next ? "Remove the new content, it's disturbing my grind." ?!?

In honesty, we have seen quite a bit of that every time there's been a world-altering event. :rolleyes:

seawe June 21st, 2009 07:07 AM

orbdragon:
Quote:

If your XP was based on the amount of time linked, you would also have to adjust experience for how many hit points were healed...

No I was thinking of an affliction specific idea. The longer you hold the link the more xp you get. This would remove the issue of people fireing off a quick aff link for a sec to get full xp. Just a suggestion if it's an issue that the devs were looking at...

grapes:
Quote:

I actually think affly is now better than before.

I don't see how you could think its better, but you're entitled to your opinion. Afflictions should be just as powerful as any other spell imo. Reducing them to some sort of novelty spell or with extemely limited use is silly, especially cause they are very cool spells,

I'd really like to see defensive afflictions tweeked for solo harvesters and sneekers :D and you can land ele spell on 50+ mobs even 100+ mobs above, it happens, as it should since even a baby can stick a fork in your foot :p

bruare July 5th, 2009 11:44 AM

How about adding ,'s in numbers so that we can read large amounts easier. Is 17643824 about 1M, 100K, or 10M. 17,643,824 I can tell.

And how about keeping the Sandbox in Ryzom rather than making an Event Mandatory? Personally, I am not enjoying not being able to do what I want cause of the massive Kitin spawns.

All that work on an event to just tick me off when a bit of work adding ,'s would make me :).

crs48 November 19th, 2009 07:26 PM

I personally would like to see

1. More quests available for xp
2. More area damage capability for spellcasters.

jlonier January 8th, 2010 06:59 PM

Let us share items between characters on the same account and attach items in mail

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but reading through 50+ pages of suggestions is just too time consuming. I've talked with over with guild members and some of the people that hang out in Uni and everyone suggested I post about this again even if it's been mentioned before.

1) Allow items to be sent in mail so I can craft for friends and send items to them when they're not on line
2) And/or allow characters on same account to share apartments
3) Give us some other way of allowing characters on the same account to swap stuff. I hate having to find someone to hold my stuff while I log to the character I want to give the mats/crafted items/dappers or whatever. I know of no other game that makes you do this.

I looked into creating a second account just for this reason, but I don't really want to pay for two accounts just to share things between characters. And the second account won't have mouse look, a feature I use a lot) so it's basically only created to make a mule. Don't like that idea at all.

I've recently returned after 2+ year hiatus during which I played just about everything out there ('cept WoW which I refuse to play) and I ended up canceling every single sub and coming back to Ryzom. The issues above are my only complaint.

Oh, except for the self heal timer. That's new since I quit and came back and it drives me crazy. It's too damn long. I also don't like that the self heal animation is gone though it does now make it possible to heal yourself while fleeing.

Thank you for your consideration.

meryan January 8th, 2010 07:42 PM

Re: Let us share items between characters on the same account and attach items in mail

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlonier
I looked into creating a second account just for this reason, but I don't really want to pay for two accounts just to share things between characters. And the second account won't have mouse look, a feature I use a lot) so it's basically only created to make a mule. Don't like that idea at all.

I've recently returned after 2+ year hiatus during which I played just about everything out there ('cept WoW which I refuse to play) and I ended up canceling every single sub and coming back to Ryzom. The issues above are my only complaint.

Oh, except for the self heal timer. That's new since I quit and came back and it drives me crazy. It's too damn long. I also don't like that the self heal animation is gone though it does now make it possible to heal yourself while fleeing.

Thank you for your consideration.

Don't have a problem with my second account. It has mouse look (unless I am thinking of something totally different).

Been playing since February 2007 and I have always had to factor in the self heal timer....

But, I would love to customize and invite people into my apartment.

Mailing stuff to others would definitely be appreciated. I did notice on EQ2 that they have been putting in restrictions on what you can mail to other people, and who you can mail to (You can't mail anything to someone who is on a trial account).

Best place though to send your ideas is here: http://feedback.ryzom.com/pages/2600-english?lang=en

jlonier January 11th, 2010 03:09 PM

Re: Let us share items between characters on the same account and attach items in mail

Quote:

Originally Posted by meryan
Don't have a problem with my second account. It has mouse look (unless I am thinking of something totally different).

Been playing since February 2007 and I have always had to factor in the self heal timer....

But, I would love to customize and invite people into my apartment.

Mailing stuff to others would definitely be appreciated. I did notice on EQ2 that they have been putting in restrictions on what you can mail to other people, and who you can mail to (You can't mail anything to someone who is on a trial account).

Best place though to send your ideas is here: http://feedback.ryzom.com/pages/2600-english?lang=en

Okay, even if mouse look does work I don't want to create a second account and pay a second monthly subscription fee just to be able to swap stuff between characters. That's ridiculous. Most MMO's at least have a bank that is shared by characters on the same account.

memiki January 11th, 2010 07:49 PM

not all games have shared banks
There is a game I play occasionally and you have to mail stuff to your other character. Also everyone has separate vaults you can't get into another character that you have.
so ok, I will give you that to mail to another character would be nice. but even mailing requires money and depending on size how much.
So yes later on it would be nice to have that capability. But I can wait.

chibiarc January 11th, 2010 10:48 PM

Why sub another? Create a free account, leave Silan, problem solved. Or ask a guildie / good friend...

iceaxe68 January 12th, 2010 04:01 AM

I like the idea of sending a package to someone, and I think it should cost according to weight and bulk.

Maybe a post office NPC in capital cities.

That's one of the basic services of government in most places, why not Atys?

Maybe a player or guild could start a service... hmmm.

meryan January 12th, 2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceaxe68
I like the idea of sending a package to someone, and I think it should cost according to weight and bulk.

Maybe a post office NPC in capital cities.

That's one of the basic services of government in most places, why not Atys?

Maybe a player or guild could start a service... hmmm.

I nominate Sasi :P

iceaxe68 January 12th, 2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meryan
I nominate Sasi :P

"With SasiPost, your package will be delivered sometime next week or so, maybe even to the right person, if I get a chance. And if the doggies don't eat my packer. Or your money back."

ajsuk January 12th, 2010 05:28 PM

Actually I have thought for a long time it'd be cool to have some kind of NPCs representing the actual mail mechanics. From an RP/immersion perspective it'd be pretty cool to see mail convoys(wagons?) trundling across the landscape between towns, etc. They could even be integrated in to some new missions or some such for the ML... Escort the King's special delivery to Fairhaven and protect it from marauder attack, anyone? =)

iceaxe68 January 12th, 2010 06:56 PM

My next thought is that perhaps our civilizations aren't quite ready to provide parcel post services, but you could still leave a package for someone with the stable boy, or the bartender. With a suitable tip, of course.

Some mechanics to be worked out, but I think that would meet some needs and stay in character.

katriell January 13th, 2010 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceaxe68
My next thought is that perhaps our civilizations aren't quite ready to provide parcel post services, but you could still leave a package for someone with the stable boy, or the bartender. With a suitable tip, of course.

I like this. Very much.

gavick January 13th, 2010 04:07 PM

outpost idea:

the outpost materials will be available only after will be transported by a special caravan in the guild-house... the journey the convoy could be attacked and if you kill the caranvs they lose up to a maximum of 30% of the materials transported.

i know it's a bad english i hope you can understand :D cyaz