Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Playing an evil char: how well would that be received form the community ?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Playing an evil char: how well would that be received form the community ? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=34456)

suib0m August 10th, 2009 07:16 PM

Re: Playing an evil char: how well would that be received form the community ?

Sadly, when the character extends beyond the story of the game and the egotism is enough to create a vortex that sucks braincells into the void, such a character just becomes cumbersome.

I'm all for playing a character in an RP setting, but outside of that.. meh. There have been a number toons (and most of them belonging to the same owner) that abuse uni for such "roleplaying", but again, it rarely had anything to do with the story of the game and it was a major detraction to the enjoyment of many.

Such creatures are called, simply, Trolls. Such creatures are rarely intriguing, to my experience.

Peace,
- Sui

raisrev1 August 10th, 2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalindra
Hey, someone told me it's been done before, and better than that. Fear his return to the bark because he's the one that people love to hate ! (I'd personnally be happy if he did come back. Would bring back some sort of life to Atys.)

Three guesses who I'm talking about ? :p

Only one comes to my mind, and his name starts with S. Rhymes with.... well if i said it... it would give it away now :p

kalindra August 12th, 2009 03:14 AM

Methinks Dae's got it. :p

bruare August 12th, 2009 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browserice
You two are the closest to what I feel like. To add to this, lets say someone who is border line in what people think of him:
-They trust him but have douths about him.
-He is their friend but at the same time they sort of fear of him a bit.
-He does not seam powerfull but people fear he is.
-He helps people but they get the feeling there is something behind it.
-He seams respectable but some bad rumours about him are slowly spreading.
-People are hesitating to hang around with him but he is helping everyone and the community.
-Someone who is projecting an image to the community but behind their back he is ploting evil plans all the times and trying not to be discovered

I think the idea of that kind of RP is getting a bit clearer and is close to what I would want to. But it would be hard to do (especially since there does not seam to be enough players around to help by unknowingly being victims).

My initial statement seamed like PVP but that is not what I want. I hate PVP (unless maybe, ..., hummm, there is somekind of twisted gain in the end toward the master eveil plan .... hummmm, interesting ....)

You have just described the current situation regarding the interplay between many of the more powerful guild leaders in Ryzom and rumors about some of the most powerful I have known over my time playing.
Not easy to join that group of elite players though.

Glaz

meryan August 12th, 2009 08:02 PM

/guildinvite Glaz

It is that easy :P

dracolych49 August 16th, 2009 07:48 AM

Might try looking up posts by a guy named Raynes or something like that. He played like what is described here.

dakhound August 25th, 2009 07:06 PM

I semi roleplayed evil for quite a while is pretty fun but you have to be ready to really annoy people you like.

some people just dont get it

hemera August 26th, 2009 03:58 AM

hey hey look who subed, glad to see you back captin-evil-jack :D

zarozina September 1st, 2009 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dracolych49
Might try looking up posts by a guy named Raynes or something like that. He played like what is described here.

Ditto Rundll, although he might've been a bit before the time of a lot of folks playing now. He did it pretty well tho ;)

Whatever happened to him?

killgore September 1st, 2009 09:16 AM

Raynes did pop back for a short time. I think like many he was hoping for the promised "soon" (tm) content.He then quickly disappeared into the ether.Last known whereabouts the super mmo that has taken so many of our peeps. The game I dare not speak it's name.:)-Kil