Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - So Development?
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   So Development? (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=34505)

dakhound September 2nd, 2009 10:12 PM

Re: So Development?

a reasonable response.

only managed to use about 3hours of my new sub due to time constraints but from what I saw I was aware of the small amount of people online (even in ryzom terms)

abizmal September 2nd, 2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abizmal
Aye, that one - ignord

Abiz

Oooh not anymore it would seem :)
Thanks for the response VL much appreciated.

Abiz

kalindra September 3rd, 2009 08:30 AM

I told you before, they do read, they just tend to keep quiet about it. From the beginning of the Spiderweb/Winch Gate "era" it seems like the policy is to never promise anything unless it's already near done and ready to be implemented. The only promise they had to break was regarding billing implementation, because of legal issues, which didn't depend only on them alone. Paperwork and functionnaries can be hell to work with.

I've seen way too many times when officials would go blabbering about new features that would never come, features that were meant to be ready by launch yet still weren't there many months after release. Of course, a dev diary would be appreciated, but you have to consider that while they are blogging about, those devs wouldn't be CODING ! (And that's essentially what we want them to be doing, right ?)

Thanks for answering, VL, once again, a very nice surprise, to get an actual honest and realistic answer. I don't want fake hype that pretends to be news, I want facts. And that's exactly what we were given.

gcaldani September 3rd, 2009 10:06 AM

Fantastic, an answer and directly from VL. :D

*cheers*

gavin205 September 3rd, 2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalindra
Thanks for answering, VL, once again, a very nice surprise, to get an actual honest and realistic answer. I don't want fake hype that pretends to be news, I want facts. And that's exactly what we were given.

Agreed, thanks for the update VL.

memiki September 4th, 2009 05:26 AM

Thank you very much vl for answering this thread.
Now I will sit back in the chair that I fell out of.

Yes many games give lots of promises and don't always keep them. Even tho it is hard to wait and we feel sometimes we are alone here. It is good to know you are out there somewhere.

Thanks again

kieeps66 September 4th, 2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vl
p(l)aying

hahahah :D

katriell September 5th, 2009 10:12 AM

Thank you greatly for the response, Vianney. Such evidence that the players are heard is something we really need.