Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Hello Ryzom
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Hello Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=34663)

pxdxa November 29th, 2009 05:44 PM

Hello Ryzom

Hello Ryzom. I am an MMORPG Veteran that has been meaning to give Ryzom a try for a while now. I have played:
-World of Warcraft (5 Years)
-Flyff (3 Months)
-Grand Chase (1 Year)
-Last Chaos (1 Month)
-Runescape (3 Years)
Aswell as alot of others, and I hope that Ryzom will satisfy my craving for something different and new.
See you all ingame,
-PxDxA

Edit: I have a question now. I've read the races/factions explained thread, but what I Don't understand is, what is the advantage of either faction? Is there faction restricted gear or areas? I am confused.

browserice November 29th, 2009 06:01 PM

Re: Hello Ryzom

Please come back telling us your impression of Ryzom.

pxdxa November 29th, 2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browserice
Please come back telling us your impression of Ryzom.

I certainly will do so once I have downloaded the game and played it for a while. I'm currently reading guides and learning as much about the game as I can before I jump in.

velogfx November 29th, 2009 10:49 PM

welcome! and have fun playing ryzom!

jwenting November 30th, 2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pxdxa
Edit: I have a question now. I've read the races/factions explained thread, but what I Don't understand is, what is the advantage of either faction? Is there faction restricted gear or areas? I am confused.

Welcome to Atys, young homin.

As to your question, the answer is no.
The main difference is which guilds are open to you and which teleporters you can use.

Apart from that (and part of it of course), it's mainly a role playing decision.
Are you a follower of the sacred commandments of Jena or do you believe in the imposter Ma-Duk?

As the former, I declared my allegiance to the Karavan.
But many of my closest friend are Kami followers and quite devout ones too.

Are some teleport locations more convenient than others? Yes. But it's a mixed batch always.
In one zone the Karavan teleporter may be located very well and the Kami one difficult to use, in another it's the other way around.
Overall, it makes little difference.

pxdxa November 30th, 2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwenting
Welcome to Atys, young homin.

As to your question, the answer is no.
The main difference is which guilds are open to you and which teleporters you can use.

Apart from that (and part of it of course), it's mainly a role playing decision.
Are you a follower of the sacred commandments of Jena or do you believe in the imposter Ma-Duk?

As the former, I declared my allegiance to the Karavan.
But many of my closest friend are Kami followers and quite devout ones too.

Are some teleport locations more convenient than others? Yes. But it's a mixed batch always.
In one zone the Karavan teleporter may be located very well and the Kami one difficult to use, in another it's the other way around.
Overall, it makes little difference.

Ah, I see. Thank you. This was very well explained. Something like this should be added to that sticky, because its not really clear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by velogfx
welcome! and have fun playing ryzom!

Thank you, I will.