Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Old player returning for some nostalgia
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Old player returning for some nostalgia (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=34794)

dazman76 February 15th, 2010 03:32 PM

Old player returning for some nostalgia

Hi Guys :)

I'm an old player, deciding to spend some time on Atys again. I played the Open Beta (I feel old), and also for some time after release. I did pop back briefly when the old accounts were playable for free, but didn't stay for too long unfortunately.

Anyhow, I downloaded the 21-day a few days ago, had a quick play around, and a couple of friends (one of whom was introduced to me by Ryzom) have also decided to pay a visit to Atys. Well, long story short, two of us at least have re-subbed our old accounts so we can access our more mature characters :) We also have new characters, about to leave Silan.

So far we've had the experience that we expected from Ryzom - helpful, chatty community, and chance encounters with players who are quickly added to the friends list :) One of them was yet another old Ryzom player (haven't enquired about original character name yet) called Myui - also working her way through Silan for the first time. Hopefully she will also decide to re-sub for a while, or at least complete the 21-day trial and journey to the mainland with us.

Well, this is just to say "hello again(tm)" really :) Dazman is resurrected (excuse the poor character name, Ryzom WAS my first MMO after all!), and Kalzakath (not very original, but I am trying...), a confused but eager refugee, will soon be wandering the Dunes of Exile and requiring a rez close to Pyr :D

As a group, we'll be trying our best to do things that we didn't do with our main characters - mainly Rites and extensive exploration (rez please), and of course a healthy amount of helping out whenever possible.

I have to admit, Dazman's friends list makes me a little sad in some ways. It's packed with characters, and each one brings a warm, fuzzy feeling of nostalgia, along with that odd feeling that you'll probably never see them again, in this game or another. Wherever they are, I hope they're enjoying themselves :)

imaruol February 15th, 2010 03:56 PM

Re: Old player returning for some nostalgia

Welcome back! I hope to meet you guys and possibly run a few of those rites with or group with. I too am a returning player from the free-2-play era who is now subbing and making Ryzom a permanent home. I left Silan for the mainland a few days ago so my skill levels are perfect to team with you and your friends. My character's name is Imaru, add her, say hello. :)

dazman76 February 15th, 2010 04:32 PM

Thanks Imaru :)

I will add you ASAP - I think we'll be on Silan for another couple of days, as the third friend will not be arriving until tonight. However, we'll definitely keep in touch ingame, and it'd be great to get together once we reach the desert :)

acridiel February 15th, 2010 07:23 PM

And so, they return. ^^
Welcome back, Daz.

CU
Acridiel

iceaxe68 February 16th, 2010 02:14 AM

WB, Dazman, glad to have you.

( and hi Imaru ;) )

imaruol February 16th, 2010 09:06 PM

Great! I look foward to collecting DP with you all. :)

dazman76 February 17th, 2010 03:01 PM

Thanks Sasi, Sam :)

Imaru - I should be on either tonight or tomorrow night, and the latest arrival is just about done with Silan. We're all heading to the Fyros lands - is this where you decided to port to? I added you to friends last night, but was only on for a short while and spent most of it "figuring out" Dazman's possessions/skills/fame etc. I need to sort out the fame problem as I haven't played since the changes were made, and I'm unable to get certain TP's that are pretty important for me/him. I'll mostly be playing the new char Kal though, and looking forward to re-discovering the early surprises that Ryzom has to offer :)

I'll send a tell when I see you online next, and we can work on building some DP together :) I've always had a tendency to go places I shouldn't really go, so I'm sure that'll mean a nice trip over the bridge in an attempt to reach Thesos :D

corvuscorax February 17th, 2010 03:03 PM

It is I, one of the returning friends.

Previously Ryo / Ryyo the Zorai, now Corax the Fyros.

:)

velogfx February 17th, 2010 03:32 PM

welcome back :)

imaruol February 18th, 2010 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazman76
Thanks Sasi, Sam :)

Imaru - ...

I'll send a tell when I see you online next, and we can work on building some DP together :) I've always had a tendency to go places I shouldn't really go, so I'm sure that'll mean a nice trip over the bridge in an attempt to reach Thesos :D

Seems we share the same exploration techniques. hehe

I didn't start in Fyros I decided on a Zorai and made the jungle my home. But I can get to the desert, I've been trek to the four cities.

*waves to Sasi* :P