Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Season one mektoub races! Win great prizes!
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Season one mektoub races! Win great prizes! (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=35035)

Yumeroh August 10th, 2010 12:45 PM

Re: Season one mektoub races! Win great prizes!

Hello,

With the three races in the Witherings being finished, we bring some modifications to the race rules. These changes concern the speed eggs and the mektoubs.

- It is now impossible to race and use a speed modification (egg or acceleration skill). Using an acceleration will cause you to immediately abandon the race.

- Death of your mektoub, freeing it, or being away from it will cause you to immediately abandon the race.

These modifications have been established after feedback concerning the races.

Consolation prizes will be given to every player who makes a better time than the maximum time announced on the race.

Enjoy Ryzom and may the best runner of Atys win!

gcaldani August 10th, 2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yumeroh
Hello,

With the three races in the Witherings being finished, we bring some modifications to the race rules. These changes concern the speed eggs and the mektoubs.

- It is now impossible to race and use a speed modification (egg or acceleration skill). Using an acceleration will cause you to immediately abandon the race.

- Death of your mektoub, freeing it, or being away from it will cause you to immediately abandon the race.

These modifications have been established after feedback concerning the races.

Consolation prizes will be given to every player who makes a better time than the maximum time announced on the race.

Enjoy Ryzom and may the best runner of Atys win!

Glad to read this. After my first race i stopped because looking the times was obvious people used speed eggs.
I didn't complained because i would have used them if i had some, anyway good to see i can try to compete for the next races. :)

hemera August 10th, 2010 05:23 PM

Why dont you give us real content by fixing dante instead of mek races.
Mybe you should tell the community Dante is turned off and has been so for over 2 months.

trueshot August 11th, 2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemera
Mybe you should tell the community Dante is turned off and has been so for over 2 months.

I'll Second this.

dianiru August 11th, 2010 01:01 AM

As someone who isn't much into Marauder boss hunting, I've gotten more real content out of these races than I would've gotten out of Dante, thankyouverymuch.

Yes, he should be turned back on, but it's not a dichotomy.

jwenting August 11th, 2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianiru
As someone who isn't much into Marauder boss hunting, I've gotten more real content out of these races than I would've gotten out of Dante, thankyouverymuch.

Indeed. Apart from new regions, with new dangers at higher levels for new skills (just another 250 region won't keep people occupied for long...), regular events are the best new content you can have.
Make them varried though, so there's something for everyone at some point.

And make them such that they don't appeal only to high level players while hampering low level players (the race in theory at least works great for that, anyone with the dappers to buy a mount can take part).

It's the people complaining about the lack of content more than any others who complain whenever something is introduced or organised...
If you're so specific in what you want to see, submit a REALISTIC plan to the event team and/or devs rather than discouraging them by slagging their efforts at every turn.

blaah August 11th, 2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemera

dante who ? was it that guy who only allowed single group to enter his zone every x hours making it non-instanced single group instance ?

dont be selfish. let others have fun too.

jwenting August 11th, 2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaah
dante who ? was it that guy who only allowed single group to enter his zone every x hours making it non-instanced single group instance ?

dont be selfish. let others have fun too.

yup. That guy, who was camped near 24/7 by a certain guild until they got tired of killing him.

ajsuk August 11th, 2010 03:22 PM

meh, I thought the races were a good idea, and good content. As ever the poor implementation screwed it all up for me, but at least it seems lessons are being learned, if very slowly...

Maybe next time.

dianiru August 11th, 2010 11:02 PM

Apparently sitting down also causes you to abandon the race... I assume because it changes your speed factor? :p

I hope that doesn't mean that getting critted in the legs (causing a slowdown) by a random gingo also means you abandon the race, that'd be rather annoying.