Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Season one mektoub races! Win great prizes!
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Season one mektoub races! Win great prizes! (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=35035)

gcaldani August 21st, 2010 12:14 PM

Re: Season one mektoub races! Win great prizes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sywindt
The NPC at the start gives you the direction you must start in, but I agree that and the 'hidden' waypoint issue you describe are things to be improved upon.

I totally disagree on this.

It is absolutely obvious that you have to make a full exploration, using the NPC map, before starting the race.

It's not very difficult to imagine to follow the full path and flag all the waypoints on main map. In this way you have just to click your landmark to have the compass direction.

It encourages a full exploration of the land before doing the race. In my humble opinion, this is a good idea.

Last thing, not related to the quote, but mentioned somewhere:

I don't think it's possible to make a targeting macro, because the waypoints have no names, but, anyway, if it's possible to do, then it's just more thinking.... every player have macro system at disposal, so there is nothing "unfair" in this system since everyone could use it.

Only the speed option was a bit unfair, making people without eggs, unable to compete. All the other stuff was just something available to everyone that wanted to use a bit of brain, so they deserve to win the races, eventually.

Just my opinion.

Edit: removed the different opinion of speeding up stanza and eggs, because I was wrong, not considering speeding up comes in different levels. Removing fully any speed option was correct.

nauplius September 1st, 2010 02:04 AM

Well it seems that gingos have a taste for race flags.:D

Someone may want to look at waypoint 4 of the current race before it is completely eaten.

dianiru September 6th, 2010 12:23 AM

You needn't worry, the waypoints are quite capable of defending themselves.

Observe a gingo trying to eat a waypoint for a while, and you'll see the waypoint beat the gingo into submission. :p

jwenting September 6th, 2010 07:16 AM

what's next, wandering waypoints?

The alliteration alone makes the prospect worth investigating :)

dianiru September 11th, 2010 03:32 PM

Eh.... Nauplius (which you misspelled as Naupilus btw) placed third in the last race?

I thought you ignored alts for the final standings? :confused:

r1vver September 11th, 2010 08:03 PM

Hey Hey, It's Saturday!
Do not blaspheme, Arispotle is Sacred Land of Alts.
Power to the Alts!

jwenting September 11th, 2010 08:23 PM

Alts are paying accounts too...
According to the rules, they're individual players, as long as they're not bots (in which case another set of rules, banning botting, comes into effect).

Where alts have been removed from the ranking, it's at the request of their main.

nauplius September 18th, 2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwenting
Alts are paying accounts too...
According to the rules, they're individual players, as long as they're not bots (in which case another set of rules, banning botting, comes into effect).

Where alts have been removed from the ranking, it's at the request of their main.

True and I specifically asked that my alts not be included as to keep it fair and fun for others. I just run Naup for fun and practice, no need for him to get any prizes. That being said, it seems to have already been corrected.

seawe September 29th, 2010 06:49 AM

wtf is up with the latest lakelands map? isn't it rather small :?

jwenting September 29th, 2010 07:50 AM

Doesn't matter. The race mechanics are bugged. When you use the Found portal to try and reach the waypoint there the race abandons because you supposedly used a teleporter.

I've filed a ticket on that yesterday.

map btw is large enough as all waypoints are defined by nicely sharp corners (and the track is a good representation, no waypoints well out of place like in the previous race) :)