Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - Character name advice
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Newcomer Welcome Board (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Character name advice (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=62)

kaoskat June 22nd, 2006 09:20 PM

Re: Character name advice

Speaking of random name generators, try http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-name.php

Some pretty good ones there.

katriell June 22nd, 2006 11:09 PM

I laugh when I see a little newbie running around with a big, bad title name...

rothimar October 18th, 2006 10:32 PM

An additional thought...

Players do have to agree to the terms of service to play the game, part of which is the naming policy. People should be aware going in, what the restrictions are. If people don't take the time to read the EULA/CoC/ToS, then as they say in the circles of local law enforcement, "Ignorance is no exception to the law".

I don't mean to sound harsh with this... I am trying to slack and work at the same time, and pressed for time, so being more direct than I would normally try to be. (do you have any idea how hard it is to work and not work simultaneously??)

grimjim October 18th, 2006 10:45 PM

Strange things are afoot in Mordor and rumours abound of a dark power rising in the east and dark riders exiting the gates in search of... something.

Meanwhile, in the shire SlapNutz002 Baggins is set to inherit the house and unusual legacy of his uncle, SlapNutz001. When SlapNutz001 vanishes from his own eleventy-first birthday party SlapNutz002 finds himself confronted by Pwnz0r the Grey.

Pwnz0r has ascertained the true power of the ring that SlapNutz001 had left to his nephew and knows that it must be taken somewhere safe and a council called to determine what must be done with it.

At the council it is determined that SlapNutz002 and his other hobbit companions, SlimShady, Qwerty and ILoveCake will travel with the ring along with Pwnz0r the Wizard, SirKillALot of Gondor, PoonHunter the Ranger, BeardyWeirdie the dwarf and LegOLamb the elf in order to try and see it destroyed in far off Mordor...

Just doesn't quite carry the same atmosphere does it?

rothimar October 18th, 2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimjim

hahahahahahahaha!!

That was probably one of the funniest things I've read in a while. :)

It does illustrate the point rather well too.

mindelyn October 18th, 2006 10:58 PM

Quote:

Strange things are afoot in Mordor and rumours abound of a dark power rising in the east and dark riders exiting the gates in search of... something.

Meanwhile, in the shire SlapNutz002 Baggins is set to inherit the house and unusual legacy of his uncle, SlapNutz001. When SlapNutz001 vanishes from his own eleventy-first birthday party SlapNutz002 finds himself confronted by Pwnz0r the Grey.

Pwnz0r has ascertained the true power of the ring that SlapNutz001 had left to his nephew and knows that it must be taken somewhere safe and a council called to determine what must be done with it.

At the council it is determined that SlapNutz002 and his other hobbit companions, SlimShady, Qwerty and ILoveCake will travel with the ring along with Pwnz0r the Wizard, SirKillALot of Gondor, PoonHunter the Ranger, BeardyWeirdie the dwarf and LegOLamb the elf in order to try and see it destroyed in far off Mordor...

I love you Jyudas..that's the funniest thing I've read to date.

zanthar October 19th, 2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

While you are very correct in saying that that does not carry the atmosphere and I agree whole heartedly. It was funny as hell! :D Rofl Good imagination Jyudas!!!

mugendo October 20th, 2006 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindelyn
would your parents have really named you LittleBunnyFuFu?

Aaaaahh... My parents have not called me that sinc......erm....I meant my friend......yes..my erm friend who lives down the road...I have never been called such a stupid name :D

{Logging out in}

"Coming MummyBunnyFuFu, I have just logged out of the Ryzom forum*

{user Mugendo disconnected}..................................... ....

malabdul October 20th, 2006 09:32 AM

Quote:

lol ! :D

Exellent way to illustrate the point :)

skeith8 October 27th, 2006 07:04 PM

Hmmm....I am a heavy roleplayer as some people are also, but that doesn't mean I have a problem with people who like quirky names like "Ilikepie" and such. I can have just as much fun roleplaying with those individuals as I can with people who stick to more IC names. As for me, I'm very creative and original, and like the sound of my character's name to reflect who they are.

One of my most common names is Kyonis, which was given to me once by a dear friend of mine (who I am inviting to this RPG). It has stuck with me for about 2 years now, and I use it frequently. However, I'm going to do something a bit more fresh in this RPG, taking my character and naming her something special, jst for her. I have already decided that the Zorai path is right for me, because it interests me and is very different from characters that I have roleplayed before. My characters are usually dark, evil, and have no special connection to spiritual powers unless very unholy. I want my character to come off as pure-hearted, maybe a bit sad, maybe a bit shy, but giving...someone who truely wishes to benefit all people, but is proud of her heritage and ancestors. Therefore, I would chose a name suitable for her personality...maybe taking the race's fitting names into consideration. I like asian names anyways- though I'm not going to look up names....rather I make one up from my head and create it for that meaning.

That's just how I look at names and naming characters...Oh and if someone named "Ilikepie" wants to roleplay with me (lol)...bring it on!