Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects)
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects) (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=631)

eleo123 September 26th, 2004 08:39 PM

Re: Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects

i have the same problem, but the link http://192.168.1.1/ don't seem to work on my comp :/
Can you help me?

ciara00 September 27th, 2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleo123
i have the same problem, but the link http://192.168.1.1/ don't seem to work on my comp :/
Can you help me?

Eleo, you may have a different brand router? Not all routers use the same address - I'd check your docs, or if you're in XP, open up a console window (cmd.exe from Start > Run) and use the 'ipconfig' command. The address for your router will be in the 'Default Gateway' setting.

I -am- having a curious problem related to this now, myself. I set up port triggering to work with Ryzom, and it works beautifully... with my first character slot. All of my other character slots do the same thing as before - disconnecting after 5-10 minutes of play! Anybody have any clues on -this- one? ^.^

mrfed September 27th, 2004 05:30 PM

I think I might have this problem -- do people who experience this disconnect get the little "please wait" window and icon, which then won't go away? Now that I think back, it has been about every 10 minutes -- and I have a Linksys router .....

blaze109 September 27th, 2004 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfed
I think I might have this problem -- do people who experience this disconnect get the little "please wait" window and icon, which then won't go away? Now that I think back, it has been about every 10 minutes -- and I have a Linksys router .....

Yes, that is what happens. If can post the model number of your router and the version of your linksys firmware that would be great.

tiven232 September 27th, 2004 07:51 PM

well...I opened those ports, even found a way to get around making myself a permament DMZ host...and it worked great for a few days...and today it's booting me again even if I'm completly exposed. THere anything else anyone can think of? Or was the game patched and I didn't even know it?

tetra September 27th, 2004 08:40 PM

Just thought I would bring it up while it was still early in the thread. There are similar issues that can surface when using a wireless connection with ssid broadcast disabled. Even though the problem is caused by connecting to someone else's wireless network every 10 minutes or so, the actual end result may seem the same since you won't see the little notification while in game.

Quote:

linky linky linky
if you use the Microsoft Windows XP SP 1-based Wireless Zero Configuration service to manage your wireless (aka, the "built-in client"), you're probably running into a horrible bug that Microsoft calls "behavior by design." The gist of this is as follows: if your wireless network is set to not broadcast your SSID, Microsoft's wireless manager will periodically drop your non-broadcasting WiFi connection in response to the presence of a broadcasting SSID-based network. You won't fully associate with that network, but the service will pop-up and tell you that there are multiple wireless networks to join, even if you have removed all other networks from your preferred settings (this contradicts Microsoft's report, which says it only affects preferred networks). The upshot of this is that you, the user who changes his default SSID and then sets it to not broadcast (as most security guides, and most hardware setup guides will tell you to do), now gets dropped off your network when you neighbor shows up with his new D-Link wireless router and not only fails to change the SSID from default to something else, but does not turn off broadcasting, either. While many may debate the security benefits of disabling SSID broadcast, it is a practice that is recommended by most manufacturers of wireless products.

p.s. disable ssid broadcast is a worthless "security" thing anyways and it can be discovered with virtually zero effort... especially when compared to cracking a WEP key.

mrfed September 28th, 2004 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaze109
Yes, that is what happens. If can post the model number of your router and the version of your linksys firmware that would be great.

Well, I'm at work now and forgot to write down the model number of my Linksys router -- but I updatd to the latest firmware last night and after that played for about 2 hours with no further problems.

blaze109 September 28th, 2004 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfed
Well, I'm at work now and forgot to write down the model number of my Linksys router -- but I updatd to the latest firmware last night and after that played for about 2 hours with no further problems.

I just thought I'd let you all know that occasionally I'm still getting disconnected after 10 minutes even after this fix. It seems to work one night and then not the next. It is working more often than not so that's still good.

On a positive note, I logged an in-game help ticket stating my problem and I received an ingame reply in under 10 minutes!!!! The tech support person was very polite and stated that they are aware of existing problems with Linksys routers. They did not have an official work-around or provide an ETA but I was very glad to get a non-automated response. I've never played another game that responded so quickly.

fratt37 September 28th, 2004 07:43 PM

I get this too, but I am not connected to a router. It happens mostly when I leave or ennter a building(train area nooblands)
I will also get disconnects from time to time while in town. Usually never out in the wild. [edit]Actually I'll say never out in the wild.

I looked around in the local area properties, and saw some interesting settings, but nothing i am comfortable fooling with.
Any suggestions for someone just running off their onboard LAN card?

eleo123 September 29th, 2004 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciara00
Eleo, you may have a different brand router? Not all routers use the same address - I'd check your docs, or if you're in XP, open up a console window (cmd.exe from Start > Run) and use the 'ipconfig' command. The address for your router will be in the 'Default Gateway' setting.

I -am- having a curious problem related to this now, myself. I set up port triggering to work with Ryzom, and it works beautifully... with my first character slot. All of my other character slots do the same thing as before - disconnecting after 5-10 minutes of play! Anybody have any clues on -this- one? ^.^

hello, my adress is 192.168.0.17