Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects)
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects) (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=631)

erandor October 5th, 2004 01:58 AM

Re: Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects

It didn't work for me, although I haven't tried rebooting the machine as I don't plan on doing that every time I want to play the game. I have, however, taken my cable modem connection direct to the computer ie bypassing the router and have played now for 40 minutes without a single "Please Wait" box whereas with the router in place I was getting a pause with that box every minute or so for 10-15 minutes and then it was disconnecting.

I'm using a BEFSR41 Linksys Router, running 2 computers for two-boxing etc.. I haven't had a single other problem with the router before and have played pretty well all the MMORPGs there are including one or two currently in beta.

sherman9 October 7th, 2004 05:15 AM

Just bought the game today, and seems like im having this problem alot of you guys are having. I seem to like the game so far, but cant seem to play longer than 10 mins.

Now I have one question, you guys say to update your firmware for the router. I do have a Linksys router, model befw11s4, version 4. Now for updating the router, I would goto the Linksys website, find the firmware upgrades, and choose the corresponding download that matches my router, ie being the version 4 one?

Im really kinda new to router information and stuff like that, so if I have this wrong, or right, any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time.

lensar October 8th, 2004 02:49 AM

I used this tip several days ago and it definitely fixed my disconnect every 10 minutes problem.

But I logged on tonight and I get disconnected again almost every 10 minutes exactly. I checked my settings and they are still set up the way they should be.

Any one else experiencing this? I really want to continue to play the game, but there comes a point where the risk vs reward isn't paying off.

Any suggestions?

jypsy October 8th, 2004 08:49 AM

Im having the same problem, lensar after i "fixed" the router, it worked for a day or so now its back to frequent disconects. I love the game but im tempted to not bother since by the time my 30 day trial has run out, i will have gotten about 10 hours at MOST of exposure to the game......not enoguh to continue paying.

rmillard October 8th, 2004 03:43 PM

Same here... fixed it (port forwarding) a couple weeks ago. It's been working flawlessly, but last night I logged in to Ryzom, got a PATCH (9.1M) and now the problem has returned.

I did notice a new port showing up in the outgoing IP traffic log (forgot to write it down though) and perhaps that's a clue (?)

I talked in-game to a helper, but he didn't have any good advice beyond making the PC a DMZ host! No thanks... They're quick and polite with the help, but don't seem engaged beyond the one or two quick fixes on their script. He politely said ok then and goodnight and left me to freeze again.

If they're not willing to spend a little more time coming up with a solution the game goes back to the store... sad, cause I really love playing.

jypsy October 8th, 2004 07:13 PM

I hate to sound like one of those whiny complainers everyone knows of, but
they have till EQ2 launches. if that doesnt freeze up on me, i make an obvious choice.

And could you get us all that port? maybe thats what the problem is!

then we can start playing!

smyle522 October 8th, 2004 07:36 PM

Ports used for Ryzom are as follows as relayed from Technical Support

UDP 47851
TCP 80
TCP 40916
TCP 43434

jypsy October 8th, 2004 07:40 PM

so which should i port forward in my router?

lensar October 8th, 2004 11:07 PM

Checking back and hoping for some sort of response. I'd really like to give the game one last shot this weekend, but if I'm stuck with the 10 minute disconnect, I'm going to have to wrap it up and move on from SoR.

jypsy October 12th, 2004 05:07 AM

So what about the port forwarding? sorry im not that good with routers and such.