Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects)
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects) (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=631)

zumwalt October 12th, 2004 11:50 PM

Re: Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects

Well, if you have a firewall (aka windows built in one for XP), just turn it on, and open the router up from ports 1024 on up.

Make sure your router has a very good password set on it.

This will fix any port forwarding issues.

jdoggett October 13th, 2004 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zumwalt
Well, if you have a firewall (aka windows built in one for XP), just turn it on, and open the router up from ports 1024 on up.

This will fix any port forwarding issues.

This is about the stupidest solution I have every heard. Port forwarding is right up there and so is putting one's machine on the DMZ!

A. These suggestions are moronicly UNSAFE
B. They ignore the fact that families might have multiple machines on their net
C. Most importantly, EVERY OTHER MMORPG I HAVE WORKS. No one needs to play this game. There are plenty of other good ones available that don't have these issues.

Over a week has gone by since I made my original post and there has been no response from the CSRs, so I have to assume the company doesn't care.

rakeesh October 13th, 2004 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zumwalt

This is astonishingly unsafe. I hope you were being sarcastic.

You might as well throw away the router and whatever host-based filtering you use if you do this. The password on the router won't mean a thing, because you've just let all and sundry past it.

dalacane October 18th, 2004 02:21 AM

10 min disconnect using port forward. having no problem normally with these numbers in. though when i have a second computer turned on and doing something else start getting the 10 min disconnects again. any suggestions.

discocat October 18th, 2004 05:19 PM

Just wanted to tell everyone that I tryed this idea and it worked great, no more Disconnects. Wonderful idea!

Thanks so much for the help!!!

Parasite

zumwalt October 18th, 2004 10:14 PM

Officially I was being very sarcastic, all of the posts about firewalls / router configs etc have nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the game play.

It is blatently obvious it is a packet desynchronization problem, they are unable to keep the clients / server in synch.

It has gotten 100% better in the past few weeks though, and they are still working out the bugs, but the way there handling the SOCKS connection is very disappointing.

You should be able to have your router locked down completely and still be able to play since you make the outbound call and establish the port connections yourself (via the software)

At most the only ports that will need to be open is a uni-directional call out, in the 42k range from what I have read, but then again, my router is fully locked down.

Only inbound ports I have open are point to point connections with IP filtering on them to only allow certain source IP's through, and I can play the game fine now, with only hickups now and then.

jasper7 October 20th, 2004 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfed
Well, I'm at work now and forgot to write down the model number of my Linksys router -- but I updatd to the latest firmware last night and after that played for about 2 hours with no further problems.

I too, updated my firmware and that resolved the 'can't play for longer than 10 minutes before Please Wait comes up and never goes away' issue. Whenever there is an issue with graphics or connections making sure the latest software (drivers, firmware, etc...) is installed is a best first step.

koapaka October 24th, 2004 01:20 PM

Is there anything being done about this, if nevrax cares at all about any of the customers who happen to be having problems than i would think they would make an effort to fix it! I do not have a linksys routere i ahve a linksys wireless adapter, but i still get the same disconnect problem. I've tried these suggestions but they don't work, maybe i will just buy another adapter, if linksys has this big of a problem i don't really want to deal with it. Isn't there something anyone can do!!?!?!?!!?! This is ridiculous!

twiggi October 26th, 2004 03:51 PM

Hi,

I'm from belgium and have the same problem.
Any solution work at this moment for me.

No support in the French forum.

Since 24 september (post from Virgil) any news from nevrax about the solution. Virgil say in the post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virgil
Nevrax is aware of the problem with some of the Linksys router models, and they have one we sent them that they're using to try to fix the issue. It is a high priority fix, but we don't have an estimate on how long it'll take.

Plz Dear Nevrax official, Give us some recent news.

some people say update the last firmware :)
Oki have you update to the beta version of the firmware or the release version from linksys?

Thx

Abigail

ps sory for my bad english

drech October 26th, 2004 03:59 PM

I fail to see how Nevrax can be responsible for lousy firmware developed by Linksys.