Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects)
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects) (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=631)

lodestar November 4th, 2004 04:15 AM

Re: Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects

my daughter is off to college, and the wife doesn't use hers much, so I am gonna take my old Lynksys router offline (same model and series as origional poster). and wire direct, since I am firewalled and have several layers of security, I am not to concerned about the direct connect.

the interesting thing, I am quite sure I played without the ten minute disconnect problem before the patch, so if this fixes it I am curious if any protocol changes have been made.

blaze109 November 7th, 2004 01:59 AM

I'd like to add that even with the suggested fix I will always get the "connection lost" message when my son is using his PC while I'm playing Ryzom on my PC. I get far fewer disconnects when his PC is not on. And no, the disconnects do not happen in any other online game for either of us.

bcharles November 7th, 2004 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaze109
I'd like to add that even with the suggested fix I will always get the "connection lost" message when my son is using his PC while I'm playing Ryzom on my PC. I get far fewer disconnects when his PC is not on. And no, the disconnects do not happen in any other online game for either of us.

I think the fix only works for networks of one computer. None of the fixes listed here worked for me. I finally gave up and bought a d-link router. No problems anymore.

charloun November 7th, 2004 07:10 PM

ONLY ONE WORD : TAHNK YOU VGUERIN

I apply your solution, and now I am able to play. it solve perfectly the trouble

Have fun ,

chozsun November 14th, 2004 04:10 AM

This is what I have running:

Linksys BEFSR41 v.2
Firmware: 1.45.11, Jun 03 2004

Did the settings and now everything works like a champ. Thanks

cboblitz November 14th, 2004 05:52 AM

I don't think the problem is solely in the router (though clearly a lot of thought and effort has gone into investigating this)

1) It is not linksys specfic - I for one have and SMC, looking at some of the posts above others do not appear to be using a linksys either.
2) I've played for about a week now without seeing this problem, until tonight. Same router and configuration I've always had- nothing has changed on my system. If the problem were purely hardware or configuration related it would not appear magically one day when it has not happened before.
3) Now the one thing that was different tonight is I logged on but didn't play for two hours. My guess is that there is some pattern of activity and/or inacticity that cause the game to not free up some resources it has used. Hopefully after I reboot the problem will stop.

shoelace November 17th, 2004 09:55 AM

Opening up those ports worked for me, for a while... but now I've started having 10 minute disconnects once again. I checked my logs with ZoneAlarm, but I'm not even seeing activity being blocked there, so I have no idea what to try now. It's really irritating.

azuresky November 19th, 2004 07:37 PM

I had tried Beta several months ago and had this SAME problem. I finally had to just give up because I wasn't going to connect direct to the cable everytime I wanted to play. Like others have said there are plenty of other games out there that I don't have this issue with.

Anyway, I saw the Free Tiral and thought hey let's check it out. I really liked the crafting and the point system so you could pretty much take your character to where ever you wanted it to be as far as Fighting, Magic, Harvesting and Crafting was concerend and I LOVED that about Ryzom so here I am trying to play again.

I installed it yesterday and started right off the bat with the diconnect problem. Grrr.. So, I came here set my Linksys BEFW11S4 router exactly as shown in the first post of this thread, than seemed to be ok for awhile and played. I even left the game on while my husband and I went and watched a movie to see if I would stay connected. I was when I came back no problems.

Well, this AM I started trying to play. Over the past 2 hours I've diconnected 4 times. I went to the Linksys site and upgraded to V. 1.50.14 which was the latest version I could find. I am not diconnecting as often as when I was in the Beta which was every 10min, but having to restart the game every 30 - 45min is REALLY REALLY frustrating.

So, is there any offical work as to how to fix this, or IF it will ever be fixed and to why it's just a problem with Ryzom and NONE of the other games out there?

WoW Beta
Everquest 1 - ALL expansions
Matrix Online BETA
Star Wars Galaxies BETA
Anarchy Online - ALL Expansions
DAoC - ALL Expansions

I haven't had any problems like this with ANY of these games before, so I have to assume it isn't just my hardware? I would LOVE to know what system configurations people have that are actually working and maybe I could revamp mine? Or is it mainly the router? We have 3 computers here at home the only one that has been on and running though while I've been playing is MINE.

Anyway, I'm REALLY disappointed that this is still a problem. This game looked really fun.

robin29 December 15th, 2004 11:18 PM

hmm im still getting d/c from from my game but ive did the port trigerin and i was wounderin if im doing sumthing wrong and my router is Linksys Befsr41

plz plz help me

knitcucumber December 25th, 2004 10:28 PM

Hopefully this fits into this thread well enough...

Since reinstalling Ryzom a few days back, and finally getting it working, I haven't been able to stay connected for more than about 5-15 minutes at a time. Then it crashes out.

I am behind a router, it may be a Linksys. I don't know and can find out. But I don't think that's the problem. I've been behind the same router with the same drivers or whatever the whole time I've been playing Ryzom, from early betas.

I have a friend who is playing and we're both experiencing this since the last patch. We'll both be on at the same time and we'll both crash a lot, but we never crash at the same time.

We are both using Win XP, we both have ATI cards, we both have updated drivers/DirectX/etc, we are both using the same ISP.

We have different ATI cards (7500=me 9800=him), I don't think he's behind a router, most of the rest of the components and setup on our machines are totally different from each other.

I saved 4 error/crash messages from last night and noticed that 3 of them start the same way:

Access Violation exception generated at 0x690C4DB4,

The first one has different letters/numbers for the last 3 digits.

I can post all four of the messages if anyone thinks it will help and if this is actually the right place for me to post my post.

I finally gave up after 3 hours of connecting for 5-15 minutes, crashing, reconnecting, crashing... etc.