Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects)
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects) (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=631)

ranndom0 January 26th, 2005 08:20 PM

Re: Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalacane
10 min disconnect using port forward. having no problem normally with these numbers in. though when i have a second computer turned on and doing something else start getting the 10 min disconnects again. any suggestions.

Just keep the other computers from being active and you dont disconnect ?

mozarrt February 22nd, 2005 01:55 AM

It seem the disconnects are back for me. All since this very last patch. Linksys router is working fine with the tips from this forum the first time. But now I constantly get dumped. I wish the DEV would look into this or the server operators. I won't be pay for a game I can't play.

russ2057 April 12th, 2005 08:04 PM

You all talking about routers and ports thats bull. I been playing for two week with no problems everything was working great. One night I loged out and went to bed the next morning I log back in and bam every 5-10 minute it disconnects me. As soon as my free trial is over. On the very day they toke my 30 bucks. I for one wont my money back.

And Im using a Zyxel router if anyone cares.

blaah April 13th, 2005 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russ2057
You all talking about routers and ports thats bull. I been playing for two week with no problems everything was working great. One night I loged out and went to bed the next morning I log back in and bam every 5-10 minute it disconnects me.

sry to hear that, but have you tried these workarounds ? contacted support ?
yep, i know... everything was working for two weeks.

read first post again.
i assume you using somekind of modem before router... have you tried to plug your pc directly to it ? (you need to set up windows ofcourse and dont forget to use firewall if you do it).

btw, i'm running pc router and everything is working fine (those little boxes have very little ram, so they throw away old connections very fast)

kostika April 13th, 2005 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russ2057
You all talking about routers and ports thats bull. I been playing for two week with no problems everything was working great. One night I loged out and went to bed the next morning I log back in and bam every 5-10 minute it disconnects me. As soon as my free trial is over. On the very day they toke my 30 bucks. I for one wont my money back.

And Im using a Zyxel router if anyone cares.

Somehow I doubt the fact that your trial beig over has anything to do with it. Not like they flipped some switch as soon as they got your money so you'd suddenly have problems.

Remember these are computers. Things happen. Try the suggested fixes instead of blaming someone else.

ariwen October 30th, 2005 04:00 PM

Re: [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects)

Does this still work or has some of the Ryzom addresses changed??

sprite October 30th, 2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariwen
Does this still work or has some of the Ryzom addresses changed??

As far as I can see, there's no Ryzom addresses listed. The ports listed somewhere in this thread look right to me though (but don't quote me on it).

nick7843 February 24th, 2006 11:02 AM

thx alot!! it works! now i can play ryzom normally :D

vguerin February 24th, 2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick7843
thx alot!! it works! now i can play ryzom normally :D

Glad you got it fixed... but we are NOT normal, why should you be ? :P

stheno2 May 23rd, 2006 05:52 AM

One fix that doesn't seem to be well known for people that run 2 systems on the same game (not all games have this issue)...

If both systems have the same chipset on their network cards I have seen a few games crash on both connected systems. Sometimes within 5 mins, sometimes up to 15 mins.

I have ran multiple types of routers and seen D-Link and Lynsys routers to be most unforgiving in this situation (tho I don't see how the router might be a cause or have an effect on this).

THE FIX:

Get 1 network card that is completely different in one system than the other.
So if you run 2 lynksys network cards (one in each system of course) it might be worth while to invest in a different card for one of the systems, say a RealTek, or intel based one....and vice versa.

I kinda understand the reason for this issue, but will not throw out confusion into the mix as I just know it works and seen similiar fixes posted in other graphic intense games (ie lots of network traffic).

Another techie that has a grasp on this could explain it if they care to, but shrug...