Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 43

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 82

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 86

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 98

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 102

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 172

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 371

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2291

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 1489
Ryzom - [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects)
Ryzom

Ryzom (http://forums.ryzom.com/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://forums.ryzom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects) (http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=631)

mtb4life June 7th, 2006 04:12 AM

Re: [FAQ] LinkSys Fixes (Another Solution for 10 Minute Disconnects)

I tried to use the link but i can't figure what pw to use... what should i be using?

amfusion July 7th, 2006 07:22 AM

I just recently joined the game, and I was having the same type of problem with my system. I took the suggestions here and added the port exceptions. Seemed to work fine for a few days, and now I am getting the same problem as before: "please wait" icon after 10-20 minutes.

I have to say, this really is frustrating, especially after deciding to register for a full acount. I've played many MMOs and have never had any connection issues whatsoever.

Too bad, was looking forward to experiencing the game :(

By any chance does anyone think this reintroduction of the problem might have to do with the update. I'm skeptical though, since for a few hours I was fine after the download.

kiexa July 7th, 2006 10:56 AM

try asking in Klients http://www.ryzom.com/data/Klient/chat.players.ee.zip

its an IRC chat support tool with live GM`s willing to help out

mikadou July 26th, 2006 07:06 AM

When I go to that page, nothing I type into username/password lets me in. :(

What name/pass does it want?

thlau July 26th, 2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikadou
What name/pass does it want?

Forum username and password when I'm right.

katriell July 26th, 2006 08:22 PM

If Klients spams an error when you try to log in, change your game/forum password and try again.

mikadou July 26th, 2006 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thlau
Forum username and password when I'm right.

Nono, not Klients, the IP number address that I'm directed to in the first post of the thread.

Zerlin July 26th, 2006 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amfusion
I just recently joined the game, and I was having the same type of problem with my system. I took the suggestions here and added the port exceptions. Seemed to work fine for a few days, and now I am getting the same problem as before: "please wait" icon after 10-20 minutes.

I have to say, this really is frustrating, especially after deciding to register for a full acount. I've played many MMOs and have never had any connection issues whatsoever.

Too bad, was looking forward to experiencing the game :(

By any chance does anyone think this reintroduction of the problem might have to do with the update. I'm skeptical though, since for a few hours I was fine after the download.

The port and server IP changes from patch to patch. Plus the game client will have a different signature.
If you have the whole UDP range triggered then chances are it is your firewall that is blocking things. Try removing and re-allowing client_ryzom_rd.exe in your firewall.
And definitely update your router firmware if one is available. I have had many folks come in saying they had done the port triggering but still had the 'please wait...' because they did not apply an available firmware update. 90% of them were fixed as soon as the firmware was updated and they redid the triggering.

eadwig1 July 27th, 2006 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikadou
Nono, not Klients, the IP number address that I'm directed to in the first post of the thread.

If you mean:
"1. Go to http://192.168.1.1 in your web browser
2. User name is usually blank, but the password is whatever you set it to be (I believe it is admin by default)"

The IP address refers to the router on your local network. I don't have a linksys, but for dlink the address is actually http://192.168.0.1 .
The user name and password are the ones you entered when setting up the router. Check the documentation that came with it.

mikadou August 15th, 2006 07:37 AM

*sigh* The port forward fix worked for about 2 1/2 weeks, and now the dreaded box is back again. Yes, my firmware is updated. Nothing has changed, the ports listed on the OT are what I have forwarded. It just decided to stop working again today. I reset the router twice, no change.

Now what?