View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2005, 01:40 AM   #9
boinged

Re: Introduce Your Character!

My background was unremarkable like that of most street urchins. Stealing food, running from guards and hiding were skills I had to learn early on in order to survive. As I got older I grew tired of living from the gutters of Pyr and became jealous of the fat, lazy homins that paraded around the city without giving me a second glance. I soon realised that this would only keep me in a life of misery - better to steal dapper and enjoy myself.

After dabbling in petty thievery and mugging for a while my misfortune seemed to end and I could sleep in a real bed for once! All was going well until I was caught red handed picking the pocket of an undercover guard. As a punishment I had to clean out the barracks for a month. It was hard work but I learnt alot watching the soldiers train. As I left, it dawned on me that the life of a thug wasn't for me but being a salaried guard just didn't make business sense.

With the small amount of my remaining ill-gotten gains plus some tools and weapons I 'borrowed', I managed to stay safely on the edge of a legal career. I wouldn't say I was an angel, but then again, the guards could never quite prove I was to blame for the occasional misdemeanor. Several close calls with the shady people I dealt with taught me to learn to defend myself.

During one such disagreement over payment I was ready to dispatch my customer in Pyr bar when I was invited to drink with a small group of mercenaries. We joked about some of my capers and they had a few tales to tell of other cities, ripe for the picking. It didn't take long (or many jugs of ale) for me to realise I would be better off with these guys. The slowly approaching group of our collective, angry punters also helped me to quickly decide to join The Samsara.

So here I am now. Each day brings potential new ways to separate homins from their dapper. I have a strong guild at my side, a growing reputation and what can only be unimaginable wealth ahead of me.

Look out Atys, here I come!
boinged is offline   Reply With Quote