View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2005, 05:30 PM   #3
vutescu

Re: Character name advice

Fyros names are armenian names, Tryker looks irish/scotish to me, Zora - asian. No clue bout Matis.

And more about player names. My ingame name - Rjak - comes from an old legend where the main character were a necromancer (Rjak). But after I used it in a lot of online games (more than 6 yrs), i find out that the game "Lords of Magic" from Microprose had also a black mage called Rjak character, and is also a .... i dont know how is called in english (Ripper Jack / R Jack / Rjak). But those are things that I discovered after I started to really like this nickname and I'd rather not play a game that not allow me to wear it (I know is stoopid and childish but everyone have his own birdie )
And even more. IF Jyudas would not RP so much, I'd be the 1-st one to ask his name changed. But he has choosen the name of the one who sold Christ for 30 silver coins and, in game, he acts like a real mercenar. A worthy follower of Juda / Jyuda. So as long he's IC, why should I spoil the game for him?
But are other examples. There is a player called "Death" and he's wearing constantly the "Avatar of Destruction" title. I can't say it looks bad, is rather impressive.... but this is NOT a name for a player. For a mob, maybe, but not for a player. Is like he constantly says: "Look at uber me, i knew that before i started the game" Is not spoiling the imersion, but is more than bragging if you ask me.
Anyway, i've meet "VillageIdiot", "Iabtvaiumati" ("screw your mother" - translation from russian), "FluffyPussy", "Iaman00b", "Helpme" and many others only in Fyros lands. I assume each part of Atys have its retards. So why bother anymore?

PS And sorry Hormonal, I know you in-game, but if you want my 2 dappers, is really not an appropriate name.
vutescu is offline   Reply With Quote