View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2004, 07:08 PM   #8
tetsius

Unhappy Re: Think I located source of lagging...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaarj98
I have a Pentium 4, 2.4ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI Radeon 9700PRO128, Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2, and dialup... the game is unplayable for me due to lag and stuttering (rubberbanding, slow loading of textures and characters in zones... FPS comes to a near standstill when it enters a new area and they client has to download/load new NPCs, creatures, landscape, etc.)

Dont tell me this game is great for Dialup, and Im also tired of developers making contracts with video card companies, and 'optimizing' the game's code for whichever graphics card company pays the most for advertising. 4 Games now, Ive played which have the Nvidia logo on the box, and all 4 of the games performed horribly on my Radeon card. It is a big mistake to alienate customers for the sake advertising money from a video card company.

Edit: Mistaken I may be for making such an assumption, my experience with games which show the Nvidia logo on the box, and in the splash screen all have performed horribly on my ATI, and Im sure there is a similar sentiment among Nvidia users who play games which feature ATI Optimization.

Skaar, did you try to lower settings before complaining about that game isn't playable??? Just put settings all to normal, your rig isn't meant to run game on high settings? If you getting problems even on Normal, then throw your rig... ehhhrrmm , put settings on Low and try again. You will see that performance increases as lower you put settings as more.

My wife has Celeron 2.4, 640MB Ram, and Ati 6800XT. And game runs just fine with All settings turned to normal on 1024x768. Well we do have cable... Radeon 9700 Pro never was a good card, I think it's even slower than 6800XT, sorry pal. It's not that ATI cards are not cimpatible with Nvidia Logoed games, it's just your card isn't powerful enough. I have had ATI 9800XT before, could play ALL Nvidia logoed games without any problems whatsoever. And by the way I work in computer service and LOTS of people are complaining aboud that computer works slow, Internet sucks.. etc...

Try to download Adaware SE Personal it's free, update its definitions and then in safe mode run FULL SYSTEM SCAN. I bet it will find around 400 critical objects on your computer. After you do this your performance might increase 100%.

I haven't played the game on Dial-Up.. lol ...

But I never had ping 100K !!!! :O

My my, what kind of ISP is that???
tetsius is offline   Reply With Quote