View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2004, 08:10 PM   #9
20mike

Re: Think I located source of lagging...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaarj98
I have a Pentium 4, 2.4ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI Radeon 9700PRO128, Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2, and dialup... the game is unplayable for me due to lag and stuttering (rubberbanding, slow loading of textures and characters in zones... FPS comes to a near standstill when it enters a new area and they client has to download/load new NPCs, creatures, landscape, etc.)

Dont tell me this game is great for Dialup, and Im also tired of developers making contracts with video card companies, and 'optimizing' the game's code for whichever graphics card company pays the most for advertising. 4 Games now, Ive played which have the Nvidia logo on the box, and all 4 of the games performed horribly on my Radeon card. It is a big mistake to alienate customers for the sake advertising money from a video card company.

Edit: Mistaken I may be for making such an assumption, my experience with games which show the Nvidia logo on the box, and in the splash screen all have performed horribly on my ATI, and Im sure there is a similar sentiment among Nvidia users who play games which feature ATI Optimization.

I had this same problem.. and I believe it has to do with you loading a type of 'Ram Cleaning' program.. disable whatever extra progras you have and run the game, I guarentee it will fix it :-) (The game loads a huge number of things into the RAM, and if you set the program to keep a certain amount cleaned.. you keep cleaning what is written.. hence HUGE computer lag in the areas)
20mike is offline   Reply With Quote