View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2006, 05:01 PM   #5
tinil

Re: Can someone provide a NWN comparison to the RR Toolset?

Compared to NWN Toolest, this is no way near as good. It is simpler to use R2 toolset, took me less than 30 mins to create a reasonable scenario with several functional quests.

But it is no way as deep as the NWN toolset, no ability to alter terrain (not sure if they are going to add this or not). If you only have the option of the premade maps and no ability to raise lower hills, add water where you like, generally all round terrain formation there is going to be alot of repetitveness in landscapes. Also you cannot alter creature scripts like you can in NWN or the AI amongst many things you cannot do with the Ring toolset.

I understand this is only beta, but creating my own land mass etc, was what I had been hoping for, if the ability is not going to be there I can personally see no point in me making any Ring scenarios (which I was hoping to do).

After spending a good few years fiddling with the NWN Toolset and making several Persistent Worlds for the game, the largest having just over 400 areas. I will just pick up a copy of NWN2 and make more worlds until my heart is content and for free.

If there is going to be the ability to alter terrain, landscaping and ability to make an area from a "blank canvas" so to speak, please correct me.. if not, I can see myself moving on to something else for a few months or longer.

And Archaegeo, your HCR scripts were really impressive, even though pretty old now.. I had previously used parts of them in some of the modules I had made, well I know a lot of people who have based a lot of work off your scripts also

Tinil
tinil is offline   Reply With Quote