View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2006, 05:08 PM   #10
sutra

Re: Can someone provide a NWN comparison to the RR Toolset?

Hi Archaege, all,

I think the notion of The Ring is not to do too much too soon; they appear to be focusing on getting out the 'raw basics' and then, depending of course on success 'measurements', add more.

So: as far as I know, no scripting language. But if it is successful, they will surely realize (as you and I do; yes I recall HCR ) that the *best* things of all NWN modules are the scripted events. From chicken coops to...oh well most eveything.

Now there are of course many ways to implement: for instance, what is the Bandit Camp or Fauna Ecosystem, if not a pre-scripted 'event organizer'?

My personal impression is that it is smart to get it working so all paying subscribers to Ryzom can give it a go and be successful in making a basic but fun scenario; let's face it the one thing Ryzom misses is mission-oriented (not holding-by-your-hand!) gameplay. The Ring will offer just that.

I have been wrong in assuming the Bioware Austin (newly opened) game studio would be making the first MMORPG with Player Made Content. It is the way of the future I think and Nevrax has the premiere.

I applaud them for their guts and efforts and I hope they will be sufficiently successful to keep adding more options. Most notably, for now:
1) Area editing including dungeon/interior area design.
2) *Much* higher Object allowance.
3) Scripting language and/or more pre-scripted items.

After that: choice of music, lighting, and well, there is nothing new to my wish I think: more of everything .

Sincerely,
Lucas (back to making a noob adventure).

* I say, there is no
* darkness but ignorance.
-
* Twelfth-night; or, What You Will
sutra is offline   Reply With Quote