View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #5
sutra

Re: Observations and a few questions.

Hello,

oldmess: thanks, I have sent some goodies to folk on my MMORPG mailing list .

zanthar: that makes sense 8-) - I sit corrected, thank you. Please check my first question to marct though - that is the reason for my uncertainty.

marct: hmm I realize you are really asking zanthar - but your comments raise some questions in my mind...and some of the 'pro' definitions you use have me a bit baffled. Could you tell me please marct:
1) Why would a char not be able to be on ROS on the Test Server? I have 2 chars there (and used one to look for the apparently non-existent Ring facility). My notion to look for the stuff is that I seem to recall the scenario editor saying there is a 'learning stuff' setting (others are 'story telling', 'hack & slash' and 'mystery'). But more still because I noticed that a low level char I have only had a choice of 3 different islands to use from Jungle - whereas a higher level char had oodles to choose from. I thought perhaps because I was on ROS with the lowbie, I could choose stuff that is only found on ROS. Anyone have *any* clue why those choices are different?
2) marct what do you mean with 'production version of the ATS'? I also saw some names of shards; none of that makes sense to me yet. What server should I be on that is most active with The Ring please? I noticed one empty terminal in Zora and one with only one scenario in Dyron. Must be wrong shard? Any and all info on this appreciated. Please try to explain it so a noob understands .
3) You say 'outside the Capital city' - you mean 'near the entrance'? Or are there some out in the open?

Then, more general questions (having good fun getting things working):

a) How do I keep Carnivores inside a Place? They do not seem to have the 'activity'.
b) Can I edit creature specs? I want a Kipee to spawn (works) after another is killed (boss spawner, works), run to where the guard got murdered (works) then attack whoever did it - no clue on how to do that last part. It is set to 'can attack players' but how do I make it aggro?
c) I put a critter in an area told it to go to 'work' but it shows up as 'hunt' is that a bug?

Thanks for any and all help,
Lucas

* Seeking the bubble reputation
* Even in the cannon's mouth.
-
* As You Like It
sutra is offline   Reply With Quote