View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #6
jamela

Re: Observations and a few questions.

1) Now that the Ring is open beta I guess that even a trial account can have Ring access, previously I imagine that only players with full accounts were invited to join ATS groups. The availability of maps and items to use in the Ring editor, however, is linked to the number of respawn points that your character has reached; as a measure of your knowledge of Atys and Ryzom lore. So a character on RoS will have the most limited set of items to toy with, not having a single mainland respawn point. Maybe reaching an additional point on Silan unlocks a little more, I don't know.

2) Only the ATS server is available to us, and this is the production version. In-house testers have 3 other shards, Basil, Edmund and Baldric, for their own testing.

3) By one of the main gates, not way out in the open.

a) After checking again earlier, carnivores and herbivores only have areas available for their activities; sleeping and hunting/feeding. If you do not assign an area to a mob then perhaps that will keep them from straying from their spawn point unless they are scared away or find prey wandering into their aggro range.

b) No, you can't edit creature specs. You cannot make a non-aggro entity aggro - in general that would go against natural Atysian behaviour. What you may be able to do to achieve what you're trying, though I doubt it, is to group the second kipee with the first and only activate (make visible) the second kipee when the first one dies.

c) Work would be the generic term, while hunt is specific to predators. Sounds like a small contextual oversight. Ticket it

Last edited by jamela : September 18th, 2006 at 02:42 PM.
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote