View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #1
meloner

programming events

Does anyone have a few pbs programming events ?? I do and it can be very annoying, there's one event I can't manage to sort out :

*Bad guy sets challenge to player*
*Player wins challenge*
*Bad guy is also rotten loser and sends his minions to attack you*

Those "minions" happen to be a bandit camp.

But when I program the camp to spawn after the bad guy says smthg like "Aaaarrgh kill him !" when I go in test mode, either the camp never spawns at all, or it spawns at beginning of scenario.....I've re edited the events dozens of times and can't find what's wrong (yes i went into "Properties" and cancelled the Autospawn) so I tried chosing a few Cut throats and grouping them : same problem.
I tried ungrouping them and programming each of them to spawn when the bad guy says his line...same problem grrrr !
I can't/don't want to use any trigger because :
-The timer might set off too late/too early depending on how long the player takes to finish his challenge
-The zone trigger is useless cause most of the time the player will just be standing still
-The User trigger, if I understand correctly is activated by adventure master right ? If so what happens if I'm not there ? does it mean the players can't continue scenario ?

Maybe it's just me who can't program properly (have some pity I've only started a few days ago ) but does it happen to any of u ? is my event programming too complex at this early stage of the beta ? (doubt it)
meloner is offline   Reply With Quote