View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2006, 02:16 PM   #2
rme2001

Re: Need some clarification on how ring works...

First of all, like most of us, you misunderstood the first part.
There are currently 2 types of modes :

1 = Mastered : Here you are "god" and you can kill/despawn stuff, talk for npc's, act for npc's ect. You have to give permission to people that ask you to join your scenario

2 = Unmastered : Here you are a "player" in your own scenario, you don't have any special powers as described above, You do however have to invite people into your scenario that ask for an invite, added to that you have the option of kicking them and transporting to them.

Once an unmastered scenario is going, it works the same as a mastered one, there is no instancing, so everybody that will enter your scenario, will enter in the same scene. If you let somebody join mid-story then they will indeed drop into the middle of the storyline.

You cannot specify that the story is only for 1 person, however you can control it yourself by having only 1 person ingame at once, and once that person is ready invite the next one.

Small tip: It is possible to create a repeatable storyline (once the last event of the storyline is finished everything resets to how it was at the start) I've done this myself, there are however some macro components that don't properly function yet when they are reset, but i've allready filled a report on those bugs.
rme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote