View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2006, 05:31 PM   #1
rme2001

Limit of 100 objects, any workarounds ?

Today, when i continued work on my scenario, i ran into a rather big problem:

I'm creating a scenario that takes place on a middle sized map and contains a village, farm, outpost and watchtower.

The Farm, outpost and watchtower where allready completely built, but when i started work on the farm today i ran into a rather big limitation. I couldn't place more scenery objects, cause i'm limited to 100.

Cause i haven't been on mainland for too long, i thought it was because that i did not have enough Ring points, but after searching the manual, i found that the 100 items is a build in limit per act.

So i say, ok, fair enough, i'll create a new act. I permanented the chars i wanna keep (you can't permanent scenery object) and created a new act in the same location. I was happy to see that it copied my scenery to the 2nd act, so i happily started deleting all the scenery of the village and outpost. Only to find out during my first test, that it deleted the scenery in BOTH acts. Thank god i saved a backup of my old work.

My problem :

100 objects are not even near enough to create some decent content for a map. My village, outpost, watchtower aren't overflooded with objects, just regular scenery you'd expect there (plants/boxes/streetlights/tents/ect)

If creating a new act doesn't clear my object limit, there is basically no way i can continue my work.

Anybody found (or can think of) a workaround for this problem ?
rme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote