View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2006, 08:13 PM   #3
rushin

Re: Forget Nevrax, lets come up with a good ratings system for scenarios.

few thoughts:

I think having a select group of players/csr/whoever deciding the ratings is an extremely bad idea. can you imagine the calls of favoritism, bribing, flaming that would go on?

things need to be rated by the ppl who play them, all the ppl who play them, its the only fair way to do it imo

there are going to be scenario's that are fun but dont easily fit into a category that you can rate so i think its important to have a few, very generic categories, the fewer the better

entertainment (ie fun), ease of use (which would cover bugs, etc), overall. are more needed really? You'd hope the good ones would bubble to the top of any lists. there will be the usual childishness that you get with any ranking system (take a look at mmorpg.com for plenty of examples) ppl ranking their friends at max and ppl they dont like at min. you can apply flashy statistical analysis to remove this but it really only works with good sample sizes so might need to be done by hand for a while.

As i stated over on the website comments i think the system they have come up with is worse than useless so any attempts at improving it are welcome.
rushin is offline   Reply With Quote