Thread: Brainstorm!!
View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2006, 06:41 PM   #2
nephy13

Re: Brainstorm!!

I have a number of ideas that could be used for utility rather than extending normal play. So far, I think they could all be placed in a single scenario, which means less hosting required and more reason to enter the scenario to see the range of services that are available therein:
  1. A group of NPCs, each a representative of a player guild. Each would give out the creed and contact details for a specific guild.
  2. A group of NPCs, each a representative of a specific crafter (or crafter guild?). They give details about what an individual can craft and/or wishes to trade.
  3. A town crier that tells people about planned events and/or the state of outpost ownership.
  4. A global marketplace where any players can come to buy and sell wares directly to others.
  5. An auction-house! Not some automated rubbish like on WoW, but with a live auctioneer (obviously only operating at set times, unless the CSR staff want something to do while waiting for tickets...hehe!).
  6. Hall of debaters. Well, if we can't "chat" in Universe, why not have somewhere where anyone from around the world can meet to chew the fat...

Some of these items (a, b and c) replace functionality already provided by the forums, but I really think that a lot of people don't want to look at forums (this is the first game that I have ever bothered with the forums for). You'd also get the information, in a consice form, without all the banter you have to wade through in forums. Problem would be keeping information updated, but the information can just be hoovered up from the forum without people having to directly update the scenario-writer.

The options for player-to-player sales are good, but limited, on the mainland, so I think further options could be very good and add some fun and allow people from different lands to (A *real* auction-house anyone?).

Anyway, these are ideas I am mulling over. Might try it out in a week or so, probably in a limited form. If done properly, I feel that this would be an ideal scenario to be kept updated by player(s), but hosted by Neverax (Or rather their replacement), since keeping a whole PC busy just to host it 24/7 seems a little excessive.
nephy13 is offline   Reply With Quote