View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2007, 10:52 PM   #3
d29565

Re: Why I Choose Kami

“Why I choose Kami.” Wow, if that isn’t a loaded question. And, I probably shouldn’t post it, as I am opening myself up to all kinds of emotional stress just remembering, but there are some radical things that I believe should be known, so sue me.

Now, read my sappy long story.

Keiko is a Matis character. When I started the game I immediately joined the same guild as my real life uncle Trindle, Out of Cavern. Out of Cavern was apart of the HOPE Alliance (an alliance that tried to stay neutral in conflicts), but when the fame patch came in, Out of Cavern decided to become a Karavan aligned guild only for access to the teleports. When Out of Cavern members finally ended up being 3 or so people, me being the most active, I decided I needed another guild. So, I joined Reapers of the Dark (was probably the second time I joined them, the first time I don’t even remember why I left OoC =) ). Reapers of the Dark used to have members that decided to leave Out of Cavern for whatever reason, so I figured I would be welcome there too. I was, for a time. But, Reapers of the Dark ended up joining with the Karavan Alliance, and everyone got so serious about the faction stuff.

I made the decision to be friends with both Kami and Karavan players, because I honestly thought the whole faction thing was stupid (This was when faction tags were being implemented). Apparently you cannot heal a ‘ganked’ Kami crafter. So, after my current guild fussed me out for that, I took a break from Keiko to play on my Kami avatar. The Kami players were very nice to me, and accepting of me, even though I told them I had a high level Karavan alt, in a Karavan guild. They didn’t seem to care, and I was allowed to join a guild. When I let Reapers know that I was just playing on another alt (even told them it was a guilded Kami alt) so that they wouldn’t worry where I was, I was practically harassed by my Karavan guild. They didn’t trust me enough to keep the stupid secrets they talked about in guild chat. Heh, silly me. Thinking a guild was about trust, friendship, and understanding-not faction. It was told to me by a member, “You shouldn't be surprised if people think that you can't be really our friends and play an alt on the other side of the game.” As if faction should play a role in friendship.

Anyway, after all of that drama, I left Reapers and went back to Out of Cavern where two other guild members of OoC continued in a way similar to mine, rezzing ganked Kami and Karavan players (I think maybe that heal bug was around-the one where you could heal without being tagged :P). Anyway. After I-Keiko (whatever, one in the same for me) ended up being called things like a Kami Slut and traitor, etc. I finally decided to join the Kami faction, where people seemed to enjoy my company a bit more.

In effect, I have decided that all avatars I make from now on will be of the Kami faction. Not due to lore or anything like that, but because I found only cruelty from people I had known since I started the game, and found, generally, kindness and understanding from people that I had only started to know-and still find that same kindness from most of them. I think it’s kind of ironic that I found cruelty towards me from a ‘family guild’ and ended up finding some pretty decent friends in a guild known for ganking and PvP (the previous Kings of Oblivion).

So yeah, that's why I went Kami =)
d29565 is offline   Reply With Quote