View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2007, 10:06 PM   #3
aardnebb

Re: Why I chose Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyaku
So I d like you Neutrals to explain to me why you decided to stay Neutral ;
- What does it add to your RP stance ?

Zahan initially was a bit of a playboy and a joker, the other Zorai (representing the staid, respectable kami religion) didnt really take that too kindly.

He came to the mainland just in time for the Almati woods section of Episode 2. After seeing the behaviour of certain homins on both sides he decided that extreme faith in any religion obviously makes you a psychotic with no sense of honour. (Please note, this may not be true, but it's certainly how it _looks_ to a newbie playing the game for less than a week with under 300hp getting nuked for 3k damage).

Later interactions with homins on both sides have mellowed that view somewhat, but he still considers any extremist a potential timebomb. On the contrary, Samsara only kill after carefully considering a potential contract for its impact on their personal ethics, or in self defence. Better a logical choice than a raging ball of fanatacism. And if you can make a profit out of it, all the better...

Quote:
- How come you feel like you can only go this way ?

Frankly the Kami and the Karavan have their own agenda. Zahan does not understand it and he doubts any homin does. Chosing someone to support you do not fully understand is gonna get you in trouble sooner or later...

Neither side are interested in the homins that support them, when was the last time you saw Kami OR Karavan guardians defending their followers? They let you bleed and die, only to restore you again as puppets in an endless game of chess.

Mercenaries chose when and where to fight, and ask the important question... "Whats it worth?"

Quote:
- Had the lore have any impact on your decision ?

Yes, I have studied the background of the game intensively. Also, I regard OUR actions as players, the behaviour of guilds and individuals as PART of the living Lore of Atys.

So if I ask what guild you are when you try to hire me, it means I dont know _you_ as an individual well enough to make a decision, so I am gonna see what kinda people you hang out with by choice...
aardnebb is offline   Reply With Quote