View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #4
sx4rlet

Re: Why I chose Neutral

ok, why is Sxarlet neutral?

Sxarlet came to mainland and followed the karavan, as she was impressed by their technology. Rebuilding Atys again, and keeping the Kitin as far away as possible was (and is) more important to her then higher powers.

Then she heard Jena was coming, and all guilds were told to fight for the higher power they believed in. At that meeting, Sxarlet complimented Wyler for his wisdom in leading the lakelands, but criticized him for following Jena and the Karavan blindly.
Then the temple wars started. The so-called higher powers told the homins to kill other homins. Homins that helped Sxarlet to kick the Kitin out of the lakelands, that helped other homins across other lands.
Sxarlet tried to fight for the Karavan, but after a short time, she didnt believe it anymore. The higher powers were like two small kids who were fighting for their newest favourite toy. It was about power and greed.
And those were homin emotions, not something for higher powers.

From then on, Sxarlet believed might be powerful, but they werent gods, and therefore, homins should learn what they can from those powers, but had to act upon themselves to decide the way for the homins.
Sxarlet thinks that last part is a heavy burden, as she doesnt believe in a god anymore that decided for her what is good, and what isnt. She has to do it herself, for herself, but also for her guild and other friends.

-------------

So, to answer Moyaku. The RP and the lore of the game 'made' Sxarlet neutral.
For me as player, the (weak) tryton faction is the most interresting part of the lore. If you read the lore, the different races and factions say different things about the races and the other factions.

Last, being neutral gives Sxarlet the freedom to make up her own choices. Sxarlet is a tryker before anything else. That means Freedom, Equality and Sharing, and she lives up to that as good as she can.

EDIT: (so last was not last ) at this moment, neutrality is the hardest way I think (just an opinion). As player I never really went for the easiest way. For me an MMORPG is the travel of the character, it's not reaching highest level asap. Taking the road less traveled gives it a bit more special feeling.
sx4rlet is offline   Reply With Quote