View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2007, 12:24 AM   #6
frakel

Smile Re: Why I chose Neutral

I can only second Kostika by saying that even though the allegiance of my character Mercellus is neutral, he is a faithfull Jenite.

He is not a Karavaneer though, but he bows to them in respect - they are the emmisaries of Jena afterall. Also being a free-spirited and good natured Tryker he accepts the picture of a loving Jena much easier than joining any legion dedicated to fighting fellow homins.

So why did I choose him to be neutral faction wise?

The reason is part OOC gamemechanics and part IC. I joined Ryzom along with a lot of great RPers from SEED that I wanted to continue playing with. That is, I wanted to be in the same guild as them. I read somewhere that apparently there is some kind of problems creating or being in guilds of a different allegiance than youself. And since there are a some quite dedicated Kamists in the guild it would be impossible for us to play together as a guild if we all choose a faction based on our IC beliefs.

Also gaining a lot of IC friends of Kami faith makes it a little tough for Mercellus to take the final step to become a full fledged Karavaneer. He still thinks the Kamist is walking the wrong path though...

Last edited by frakel : January 11th, 2007 at 12:46 AM.
frakel is offline   Reply With Quote