View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #7
mugendo

Re: Why I chose Neutral

Conflict gives a significant boost to any economy, this is a simple truth whether it is accepted, debated or denied.

Warriors need armour and weapons, which comes from the crafters, these need resources which come from the diggers, the diggers require access to contested areas, which is gained through the warriors who open this access.
It's a self sustaining cycle that benefits everyone.

But this cycle needs a catalyst to instigate it, This is where Politics/religion and Greed are required. This requires an outside influence as it is very difficult to start a war within a coherent group with it's own identity. A fact the Dieties of Atys know well when they call followers to their cause.

Of course the Kami and Karavan followers are still the same people, which results in unlikely alliences and truces, cross trading, and general interaction between them. This allows the mercenaries to ply their trade without restriction of moral dilemna, Crafters can sell their wares without betraying perceived loyalty.
As I observe this behaviour I am reminded that there is No right and wrong......only point of view.
As my little Zorai is caught in this cycle he searches for a solution, Not for all of Hominkind...but for himself.
As A follower of a diety he will diminish his own self worth, As a Neutral he would be turning his back on the reality of life on Atys. So he is trapped in a situation he understands, but cannot control.
So, he lives by his own beliefs. Helping those he deems is worthy of his assistance, weakening those who would harm him or his standards.
Once the Faction war is ended there will be no peace, that is the future My Homin prepares for.
He does not need the Dieties.....but he knows they need him.
I am Neutral in definition, not actions.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote