View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2007, 07:52 PM   #31
arafelis

Re: Some Questions and answers on life on Atys and roleplaying

Err, while I admit to not having read many of the threads thus far, and being a total n00b in-game, isn't the obvious conclusion that Atys is the satellite of a large gas giant -- possibly even Saturn or Uranus (I don't have the tools to check the astronomical bodies visible from its surface, but it ought to be possible to figure out where in the galaxy Atys is, if it's within the Milky Way and the celestial bodies were appropriately placed) -- and the 'sun' is geostationary orbiting object? This seems to be in accord with game lore.

Most of the lore elements dealing with Jena and the Dragon then fall into place. Further speculation: Kami are, or were, servants of the Dragon, tasked with maintaining his world. Presumably both factions are lying... two questions of vital import to the inhabitants of the world being how autonomous the Kami are from whatever created them, and what Jena intends to do, exactly, with the devoted servants she 'saves' from the destruction of Atys.

Last speculation: The primitive tribes of Atys are either genetic experiments, severe and debilitating mutations from whatever force split humanity into the four tribes, or both.

Total n00b here, so don't laugh too hard if I've overlooked something obvious.