View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #2
kaetemi

Location: Lembeek, Belgium E-mail: [email protected] NeL Developer
Re: Ryzom Ring back... but what about it's future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyne
but not sure if the * are fixed.
We're not supposed to talk about that. :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyne
What are your thoughts on the developers adding a "variable" and a "check for variable conditions" to execute events? basically
Those features are all implemented already, a bit tricky to learn, but we're not supposed to talk about that either, apparently. I guess there was some internal disagreement on whether it was 'safe' to allow players to do this kind of stuff. As far as I know, a lot of the late decisions in the ring were taken purely for storyline reasons, as well as 'features' added to make sure players still play the normal game and not only ring (they seemed to have worked a bit too well), which added tons of unnecessary limitations to the tool, ultimately leading to the 'death' of the underused project that is the ring.

If I had anything to say about this:
- Remove the whole 'Knowledge' trash limitation, doesn't really attract new players you know
- Allow placing desert trees in the jungle again, they can produce lovely results
- Let me make talking invasion kitins again (they're loads of fun)
- More scenery items, we know they're there (tcm buildings, kara ships, (old) tps, etc)
- Allow manual modifications of the r2 scenario files again
- Scripting withing the ring sandbox should be officially allowed
kaetemi is offline   Reply With Quote