View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:55 PM   #5
sx4rlet

Re: Ryzom Ring back... but what about it's future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidusar
But, as much as I myself enjoy the Ring and would prefer development on the Ring over development on the game itself, I've begun to believe it'd be better to spent the development time on the game. A system like the Ring seems to need a sizeable existing playerbase to really work, and that existing playerbase needs to come out of the actual game.

I totally agree. I ran a scenario two days ago to test with a guildie, and suddeny two new persons jumped in as well, curious as they were. I promised to run the scenario soon again, although there were some smaller parts that needed more work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidusar
As for the option to use variables to trigger events, it's been on my wishlist from the beginning. I didn't know it was already implemented and kept hidden, but it doesn't surprise me. The Ring editor has been held back by deliberately placed restrictions since release and it's been no end of annoyance.

Well I can imagine that they dont want exploits from the Ring, but I agree that restrictions are quite overdone imo...
sx4rlet is offline   Reply With Quote