View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2008, 07:30 PM   #3
sidusar

Re: simple spawner question

I would do this by making a cyclic timer that goes off every second and activates the NPC every time it goes off. That way the NPC respawns right after the corpse disappears. If you need it to respawn right after death, add an "<NPC> deactives" event to it's death as Unkala said.

Then, make the object interaction deactivate the timer, so that it stops triggering the NPC spawn. (And ofcourse, uncheck the NPC's "autorespawn" so that it doesn't spawn on it's own.)

Unkala's method probably works too though. Whatever suits you best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkala
This is rather abrupt, though, so you'll probably want a short timer. Make the NPC's death start the timer, again making it conditional on the object not being used yet. Put the deactivation/reactivation on the timer trigger event.
I wouldn't do this though. In my experience, timers that get repeatedly started, triggered, stopped, and started again... well, they get messy.

I'd use an (empty) dialog, make the NPC's death start the dialog, and make the end of the dialog trigger the deactivation/reactivation of the NPC. You can make the dialog last as long as you want the NPC to stay dead, thus basicly using it as a timer.
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote